ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No recourse to public funds question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MrGamgee
United Kingdom

No recourse to public funds question

Post by MrGamgee » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:51 pm

Hi all

I am on a spouse visa currently and me and my British partner are looking to buy a property. We found a freehold property that is discounted through the Discounted Open Market Housing Scheme (Section 106), this is where the property has a reduced cost and you must meet the eligibility requirements such as living in the Parish for a certain amount of time and not earn above a certain amount of money. The eligibility check is through the local council but you're purchasing the property from the person who lived in it before.

Does this class as public funds? Or are we okay to apply to buy this type of property?

I can't find anything about it whatsoever, Im just concerned that I'll be doing something wrong by going for it.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: No recourse to public funds question

Post by manci » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:51 pm

MrGamgee wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:51 pm
Does this class as public funds?
see p11-12 for what are considered public funds for immigration purposes:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ds-v18.pdf