ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child registration as British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mine777
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Child registration as British citizenship

Post by Mine777 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:38 pm

I am British by naturalisation but my daughter was born abroad 14 years ago before I became be British. I applied for settlement visa for her and She was issued indefinite leave to enter in March 2023 and she has now joined me in the UK in April. Her BRP states indefinite leave. When can I register her as British? Does she have to be on indefinite leave for 1 year like adults? I wait for your reply thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child registration as British citizenship

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:42 pm

1. It is considered rude to tag your questions onto other members topics. Post split to your own topic.

2. Children over 13 require 2 years residence before they can apply to be registered as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mine777
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mine777 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:25 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:42 pm
1. It is considered rude to tag your questions onto other members topics. Post split to your own topic.

2. Children over 13 require 2 years residence before they can apply to be registered as British.
1. I am sorry, i didn’t realise that, I thought because the topic already existed

2. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... bookmark67
That means 6.5 Children with settlement and residence say does not apply to her, right?

My friend son is 16 and he arrived to UK this year too and has iLR, both parents are British now, and they plan to register him once he has spent 12 months on ILR on the ground that he is only one who is not British in the family because both parents and other siblings are British, is that possible at all?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:29 am

He needs 2 years residence before he can apply to register as british if under 18 at that time.

This is also clearly stated in the link you have provided.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.