ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super priority Appointment opening dates

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Geek987
Newly Registered
India

Super priority Appointment opening dates

Post by Geek987 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:56 am

Hi,
I will be applying for Set(LR) for my wife in October and try to get a biometric appointment for November so that we can be within the 28 days prior to reaching the 10 year residence as we may have to travel outside of UK in the last week of Nov.

Date first travelled to UK: 8-Dec-2013
Eligibility for 10 year ILR route: ~10-Nov-2023
Current Partner visa expiring: 23-Nov-2023

We are looking to try and book a super priority appointment in London. Can someone please advise how far in advance the biometric appointments are made available - is it 30 days?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Super priority Appointment opening dates

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:18 pm

What is available will be displayed at the time of booking. There is no guarantee of getting SP as you require.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:25 pm

There is NO such thing as a super priority appointment. This has been repeated many many times on the forum.
Super priority is a visa processing service by the UKVI, so you pay a fee for your visa being processed in priority timeframes AFTER your biometrics. This has nothing to do with your biometrics collected at a UKVCAS appointment which is a separate process.

Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Geek987
Newly Registered
India

Post by Geek987 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:37 pm

I agree with your points around the super priority being a service from UKVI. I should have said that in my original post. Apologies for that.

So, for UKVCAS appointment itself, any idea on how far in advance the appointments open up so that I can plan accordingly. I cannot check that unless I submit the application and pay for the service.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:53 pm

You should contact UKVCAS. They are the third party managing appointments, so nothing to do with the UKVI. This is not an immigration issue but mostly an administrative issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Geek987
Newly Registered
India

Post by Geek987 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:02 pm

Hi,
Thanks for clarifying my doubts earlier. For UKVCAS appointment I got the answers from them advising that the appointments open up 28 days in advance.

Further on my wife's application, I filled and submitted the Set(LR) form. As mentioned earlier, I am using the 8-Dec-2013 as the date from which she would be considered for a 10 year qualifying period. However, she visited UK on a business visa earlier as well from 2-Apr-2013 to 7-May 2013.

In the application form for this question "When did you first enter the UK?", we have mentioned 8-Dec-2013.

Can you please advise if I should have mentioned 2-Apr-2013 instead?

Will that be a problem? Should we withdraw the application and submit again with the first UK entry date as 2-Apr-2013?

Panicking now :(

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:28 pm

The answer to this question has NO relevance to your qualifying period for ILR. The date you enter has NO bearing on your application whatsoever. So whatever date you put in does not really matter

Geek987
Newly Registered
India

Post by Geek987 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:25 am

Great. Thanks a lot Zimba and other moderators for all your support and guidance :)