ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application for Dependent Spouse Under GT Visa Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mzyxkaga
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Application for Dependent Spouse Under GT Visa Route

Post by mzyxkaga » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:32 am

Hello good people around. I hope you can help me with the following query. Many thanks in advance for your kind help :)

I have a query regarding the ILR application for my spouse who is (and has been) a dependant of my visa. We are in the UK from 2016 and my spouse has always been the dependent of my visa since (7 years in total). I (main applicant) am now applying for ILR via the Global Talent 3-year route. My question is: can my spouse apply with me at the same time? In her total 7 years of stay under dependent visa, my spouse has been a dependent of my tier 2 visa for 2 years and global talent visa for 1 year. Before that, she was the dependent of my tier 4 student visa for 4 years. Hence, can she include her 1 year (under GT) + 2 years (under tier 2) + 2 years (under tier 4) period of dependent stay towards her 5-year continuous residency requirement?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application for Dependent Spouse Under GT Visa Route

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:56 pm

Yes, any dependant visa route counts: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-for-depe ... l#p2046821
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mzyxkaga
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mzyxkaga » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:58 pm

Many thanks Zimba :)

ajn08
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ajn08 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:01 pm

mzyxkaga wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:32 am
Hello good people around. I hope you can help me with the following query. Many thanks in advance for your kind help :)

I have a query regarding the ILR application for my spouse who is (and has been) a dependant of my visa. We are in the UK from 2016 and my spouse has always been the dependent of my visa since (7 years in total). I (main applicant) am now applying for ILR via the Global Talent 3-year route. My question is: can my spouse apply with me at the same time? In her total 7 years of stay under dependent visa, my spouse has been a dependent of my tier 2 visa for 2 years and global talent visa for 1 year. Before that, she was the dependent of my tier 4 student visa for 4 years. Hence, can she include her 1 year (under GT) + 2 years (under tier 2) + 2 years (under tier 4) period of dependent stay towards her 5-year continuous residency requirement?
Hey - Did you hear back regarding your ILR application? How long did it take? Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:24 pm

ajn08 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:01 pm
mzyxkaga wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:32 am

Hey - Did you hear back regarding your ILR application? How long did it take? Thanks.
OP not being here in over 1month.