ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Duration Discrepancy

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Activekhan007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa Duration Discrepancy

Post by Activekhan007 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:12 pm

According to our spouse visa application and the supporting documents submitted, we applied for a spouse visa with a requested duration of 30 months. However, the visa that has been granted to us is valid for only 15 Months which are expiring on 31-12-2024.

As my husband paid HIS fees for 30 month which is huge money which is paid by husband but get a visa for only 15 months only. but we get the visa only 15.

Can any help me please about it!

what should i do next ?

please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa Duration Discrepancy

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:19 pm

It is the BRP card that expires in december 2024 as they are being phased out. Your approval letter will statr the duration if your visa. This is also likely stated in the letter or pamphlet that came with the brp card.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem
If your BRP expires on 31 December 2024
You do not need to tell UKVI if your BRP expires on 31 December 2024 but your immigration status (for example, your visa) allows you to stay longer.

You will not need a BRP from 1 January 2025. You’ll be able to prove your immigration status online, without a BRP.

UKVI will update their information on how to prove your immigration status in early 2024. You do not need to do anything and your immigration status will not be affected.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Activekhan007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Activekhan007 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:33 pm

Thank you very much for the reply, Its very helpful but i haven't received any letter with my passport like when my visa is expiring...........etc... however i got passport with 3 month spouses visa on it to enter the UK.....Can you please help what i should do next , Please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:38 pm

Are you already in the uk? Presumably yes.

Thrn nothing for you to do. Not sure what you think needs to be done
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:15 am

Activekhan007 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:33 pm
Thank you very much for the reply, Its very helpful but i haven't received any letter with my passport like when my visa is expiring...........etc... however i got passport with 3 month spouses visa on it to enter the UK.....Can you please help what i should do next , Please
Double check your emails as the letter is often sent by email. It's the letter that also tells you which Post Office to collect your BRP from