ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

skilled worker visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

priyantha
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

skilled worker visa

Post by priyantha » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:26 am

Hi all
i am in uk with student visa. for until 2027.and i work in care home for temporary as a care assistant.
now the agreed to give me cos for work full time.but my problem is i have to withdraw my student visa and go back to country and re apply new visa. it is be possible.
other thing is when they assign COS to me ,can they enter my details because i am already work for them.
what options i have.can they tell them i already work for them but they want me for full time, because why they issue me a COS.

vthuppil
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: skilled worker visa

Post by vthuppil » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:57 pm

You should not have to leave the UK. You should be able to switch to the Skilled Worker visa from your student visa within the UK: https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... -this-visa

There are new rules being implemented to prevent this switching, but they will not come into force until students entering in January next year. So you will be OK to switch if you are already here on a student visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:00 pm

vthuppil wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:57 pm
You should not have to leave the UK. You should be able to switch to the Skilled Worker visa from your student visa within the UK: https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... -this-visa

There are new rules being implemented to prevent this switching, but they will not come into force until students entering in January next year. So you will be OK to switch if you are already here on a student visa.
The link clearly states a Student Visa holder cannot switch if they have not completed their course. This change to the rules came into effect on the 17th July 2023.
If you’re currently in the UK on a Student visa, you must also meet one of the following requirements:

you have completed the course you were sponsored to study
your job start date is after your course has finished
you have studied for a PhD for at least 24 months
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vthuppil
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by vthuppil » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:00 pm
vthuppil wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:57 pm

The link clearly states a Student Visa holder cannot switch if they have not completed their course. This change to the rules came into effect on the 17th July 2023.
If you’re currently in the UK on a Student visa, you must also meet one of the following requirements:

you have completed the course you were sponsored to study
your job start date is after your course has finished
you have studied for a PhD for at least 24 months
Apologies, you are right. For some reason, I was thinking it applied to incoming students from 2024 only.

OP, you will have to leave the country and apply for the Skilled Worker visa. Your working temporarily should not be an issue, as long as you have been following your visa conditions and working for under 20 hours a week during term time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:27 pm

vthuppil wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:18 pm
Apologies, you are right. For some reason, I was thinking it applied to incoming students from 2024 only.
This change from next year is related to new Student Visas holders and the ability or not of bringing dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.