ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Health and Care Worker visa scam

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Health and Care Worker visa scam

Post by hussain1988 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:11 pm

I know a person who came to UK on care and health worker visa only to find out this was all fake she came with her husband who is dependent.

What happened is they paid £15,000 to a guy who works with other people only to scam them there is no job in the first place, didnt home office check properly how is this possible they got sponsorship letter which is worth nothing to them.

Now that there in UK what will happen to them now will they get deported they gave there passports to a solicitor see if there is another way for them to stay in the UK.

I think what home office will tell them is to find someone who will sponsor his wife and he stays as an dependent of hers give them a time limit to find work or else they will get deported or also say you can switch visa to work permit if someone sponsors you on work permit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Health and Care Worker visa scam

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:20 pm

Is this the same people you know who you posted about in June?

uk-skilled-worker-visas/tier-2-health-a ... l#p2126553
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:20 pm
Is this the same people you know who you posted about in June?

uk-skilled-worker-visas/tier-2-health-a ... l#p2126553
No its same case as the other people alot of people in our bengali community are falling for this type of scam thinking UK is everything I need to get to UK anyhow but dont think what happens next and think this is all genuine and dont do there research and just follow the hands of crooks who they think are genuine cause they are desperate to come to UK.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:03 am

If a sponsor is asking for money to issue a COS then it is immediately suspect. A COS is £199 any figure above that is just pure profit for the Sponsor. There are many thousands of health and care workers that are in the U.K. after paying as high as £25,000 for their COS. There may be some who believe this is the cost of getting a COS whoever it does not take much research to establish the a COS does not costs the Sponsor £1000’s

For those that believe they are buying their way in to the U.K. - you take your chance and off you go. If you are unable to find a real sponsor once you arrive there is very little you can expect other than the visa to be cancelled and the process of removing you from the U.K. to begin.

Yes there might be some innocents caught in these scams but it is not the Home Office that is causing the issue, it is the demand from migrants to enter the U.K. knowing that once they are here it is difficult to be removed. Hundreds of Sponsors have had intervention action but there are new sponsors being added daily with the sole purpose of selling COS without jobs for workers.

I am sorry but anyone paying £15,000 for a COS knows that what they are doing is buying entry to the U.K. and if there is a real job good luck. No job, not exactly a shock…

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:18 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:03 am
If a sponsor is asking for money to issue a COS then it is immediately suspect. A COS is £199 any figure above that is just pure profit for the Sponsor. There are many thousands of health and care workers that are in the U.K. after paying as high as £25,000 for their COS. There may be some who believe this is the cost of getting a COS whoever it does not take much research to establish the a COS does not costs the Sponsor £1000’s

For those that believe they are buying their way in to the U.K. - you take your chance and off you go. If you are unable to find a real sponsor once you arrive there is very little you can expect other than the visa to be cancelled and the process of removing you from the U.K. to begin.

Yes there might be some innocents caught in these scams but it is not the Home Office that is causing the issue, it is the demand from migrants to enter the U.K. knowing that once they are here it is difficult to be removed. Hundreds of Sponsors have had intervention action but there are new sponsors being added daily with the sole purpose of selling COS without jobs for workers.

I am sorry but anyone paying £15,000 for a COS knows that what they are doing is buying entry to the U.K. and if there is a real job good luck. No job, not exactly a shock…

How do they get away with it tho avoid detection of getting caught who are doing the scam.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:38 pm

Will they be legally able to stay in the UK swtich visas to work permit or student visa or will home office give them time to find work on the health and care worker visa.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:51 pm

There are hundreds of Sponsors undertaking the fraud. They apply for a licence, very little prevents them from getting it. The next barrier is the number of COS they can gather up. Some have managed to get in excess of 500 or more. They then need migrants willing to pay the amounts demanded, either through an agent or do it directly themselves. They advertise the COS abroad, method differs from country to country. Even at the lower amount of say £10,000 per COS it does not take much to net a million pounds.

Costs are low at £199 per COS - nice profit until the licence is revoked or the visa applications start getting refused or blocked. I estimate there could be up to 10,000 health care workers that are either working a minimal numbers of hours per week or not at all. The problem is huge.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:37 pm

hussain1988 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:38 pm
Will they be legally able to stay in the UK swtich visas to work permit or student visa or will home office give them time to find work on the health and care worker visa.
If they find a legitimate Sponsor to employ them - there is a possibility. But the actual number of real jobs in the sector is limited and no surprise the genuine part of the care sector knows that there are so few worthy workers that they are reluctant to offer employment. Even those that are offering real work are seeking up front fees. There is every chance the fraud is repeated.

vthuppil
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by vthuppil » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:51 pm

This is apparently a widespread issue and has received coverage in the media too: https://news.sky.com/story/theres-a-big ... t-12945498

Juxta
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Juxta » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:18 pm

I am glad someone finally gets to talk about this problem.
I live in a shared house and some people from Bangladesh (in this case but I believe there are also other nationalities) claim to be care workers. They never go to work. One of them barely speaks English and I think someone is issuing their payslips so they can extend their visas. The worst is that they get involved with the same scam as I think they must be earning money somehow to survive i.e. I suspect they arrange same visas for their people and get paid to be able to survive.
I am shocked that nobody in the Home Office checks if the company even exists or if they are really working.
For young people like that to come to the UK and only think about how to scam the systems says a lot about their future and personalities.
They destroy other people's life's
I have lived in other countries but this immigration system is allowing too much. It will end badly for both the country and for the people who 'buy' their life in the UK.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:38 am

In order to be granted a sponsor licence a number of routine and mandatory checks are undertaken so the company will exist. Will it be doing what they said they they would on their application- now that is possibly a different matter.

There are a number of government departments involved with the health and care worker visa, it is administered by the Home Office but it is led by the Department of Health. There is a real need for healthcare workers in the U.K. and hence the lowest roles involved in the provision of healthcare have been opened to allow a massive number of carers and senior carers into the U.K.

Has this been well managed and controlled- in my opinion absolutely not.
Is there widespread abuse of the visa route- yes.
Was the Home Office aware of this - yes and for over a year now.
Has there been action to tackle the problem- in part but the abuse has not been stemmed.
Is there likely to be a complete closure of the route - unlikely
Is there likely to be changes where a Sponsor is limited to the number of COS they have - already happening
Does there need to be a complete overhaul of the route - 100%

As for payslips to extend a migrant workers visa - HMRC records and bank details are used to verify earnings. So a fake payslip achieves nothing.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 pm

There are many dodgy solicitors who are charging £10,000+ who say they can help them change there health and care worker visa to work permit.

The couple im talking about went to solictor and told them I can change your visa to work permit that will cost £25,000 to change.

If they can pay and move to work permit first they will need to find someone to sponsor them to give them jobs but solicitor will apply like how they came to UK on health and care worker visa middle man doing all this doggy things there will be no work at all if they move to work permit.

This is happening to alot of people who have came recently.

They sell off most stuff backhome or even sell everything to come to UK.

The couple came with help of sisters husband to UK. sisters husband sold land off backhome to fund this as his wife fourced him as she has no blood relatives in UK.

They will have to go backhome or they will just claim asylum on basis of a fake story which solicitor might tell them.

Dodgy solicitors in media exposed

Rogue immigration lawyers exposed: How Daily Mail unmasked asylum fakers

https://youtu.be/ArTkIZfxi10?si=0MbX9kgGRJ0fiQyy