ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(M) - employer letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajbassi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR SET(M) - employer letter

Post by rajbassi » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:22 am

Good Morning,

This is my first time posting.

My query is in regards to the employment letter.

The government website states the below should be included:
2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

My employment letter includes all of the above apart from 'the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application'.

Could someone please clarify what this means? My current salary has been the same since June 2022 (this is over the minimum required).
Kindest Regards,
R

TheHappyChicken
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET(M) - employer letter

Post by TheHappyChicken » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:56 am

If your company is a small business, they may be able to tailor the employment letter to suit you and include all the requirements.

My employer is a large corporation and they have a standard letter template which they offer for cases such as this. Mine did not specify how long I was on a certain salary for and we were successful for our 2.5 year renewal and expect no hiccups for our ILR application due to this.

Your P60's and 6 months payslips should be enough to confirm you meet the financial requirements.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:12 pm

It means to confirm you have being on the salary since June 2022. There can be instances where an applicant's income changes let's say 2 months preceeding application so such a line in the employer letter gives a perspective of what happened about income changes.

rajbassi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rajbassi » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:25 am

Thank you both for the quick reply.

Since I have had no salary changes since June 2022 and all my payslips that I will be submitting have the same date, do I still need to include the 'period dates'?

Many thanks,
R

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:37 am

rajbassi wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:25 am
Thank you both for the quick reply.

Since I have had no salary changes since June 2022 and all my payslips that I will be submitting have the same date, do I still need to include the 'period dates'?

Many thanks,
R
It is expected to be there as per what the template says should be the content of the letter.
If you can still get employer to amend the letter do so, if not you can hope it won't be an issue and include a cover note about this fir your peace of mind.

rajbassi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rajbassi » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:29 am

Thank you for the reply. I will try to get another letter rewritten that includes all details. Wish me luck! :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:28 am

Best of luck.