ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR standard & emails from home office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ebyj007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR standard & emails from home office

Post by ebyj007 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:31 am

Hello All,

I have submitted my standard online ILR application on 10th August and biometrics done on 24th. My application is a straightforward application, GTV application.

Got an email on 30th August from home office as below.

“The Home Office has received your application and supporting information submitted on 10 Aug 2023. Our aim is to provide a decision on your application by 08 Feb 2024.”

Can you confirm if this is a standard email with 6 months ETA or is this specific to applications.

Also I would like to know what other communications you can expect till you get the approval/refusal email.

Appreciate your help here.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: ILR standard & emails from home office

Post by lolo2 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:17 am

Six months is the time for UKVI to process standard applications, expect to receive a response on your application within that timeframe.

I applied under the same route a few months ago and I didn't receive any email with that specific wording, only the standard one from UKVCAS after the biometrics appointment confirming submission of all supporting information to UKVI.

No further emails will be sent before a decision is taken unless they need more information from you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:35 pm

This is a generic email. The standard timeframe is 6 months of standard applications. You also do not get to determine if your application is straightforward or not. This is not up to you but up to the UKVI. A standard ILR application typically can take between 8 weeks to 6 months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ajn08
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ajn08 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:23 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:17 am
Six months is the time for UKVI to process standard applications, expect to receive a response on your application within that timeframe.

I applied under the same route a few months ago and I didn't receive any email with that specific wording, only the standard one from UKVCAS after the biometrics appointment confirming submission of all supporting information to UKVI.

No further emails will be sent before a decision is taken unless they need more information from you.
Hey! How long did it take to get a reply on your ILR?