ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Partners visa and Tax Credits in UK

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tanya_cz
Newly Registered

Unmarried Partners visa and Tax Credits in UK

Post by tanya_cz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:24 pm

hello,
my partner is currently claiming tax credits for me and our child, he
is self employed etc...
will this affect my visa application in any way?
see below:
thanks
T

You must possess sufficient funds to pay you and your partner's living expenses and those of any dependants without claiming public funds. Public funds cover various benefits paid by the Government if you are currently looking for work, if you are on a low income and if you are in various other situations

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:00 am

9.2 - Public funds wrote:The British/settled spouse/civil partners may claim Working Tax Credits and Child Benefit for his or her family if they are entitled to this under the Department for Work and Pensions legislation.
See also Benifits:effecting ILR
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.