ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Social fund for disabled child

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mohamed Ahmed
Newly Registered
Scotland

Social fund for disabled child

Post by Mohamed Ahmed » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:36 pm

Good afternoon,

I have ILR (5 years on skilled worker visa), my son is on skilled worker dependent visa he will be eligible for ILR next year. His BRP clearly states no recourse to public fund. Was offered personal assistance from council for his care as he does have learning disability with severe Autism.

They planning to transfer money to my bank account so I can employ personal assistant 10 hours a week, other option would be money kept in the council account for the same purpose

If I accepted that, will that be a breech to immigration roles as his visa has restriction with no recourse to public fund??

If accepted will that affect Family ILR application in future??

Kind Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Social fund for disabled child

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:59 am

It’s not a “social fund” as that’s specific and related to benefits. What you mean is social services support and social services’ support is not classed as a public fund for immigration purposes and can be accessed by a person who is subject to the ‘no recourse to public funds’ (NRPF) condition. So the direct payment is not an issue. When your Son gets ILR then you need to claim DLA/PIP for him.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.