ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents Advise pls

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tahire
Newly Registered

Documents Advise pls

Post by tahire » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:39 pm

hi, im trying to bring my wife here from pakistan im fully british, just wanted to know will i need to show photocopies of my documents or do i submit the originals like my passport, birth certificate, driving licence, payslips, bank statements etc. i understand my wife will need to show originals but will i too?.. thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Any copies you submit should be legally certified or notarised.

bazuk
Newly Registered

Post by bazuk » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:30 pm

Don't see the purpose of submitting your driving license. Its not a requirement.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:27 pm

There is no need to send your driving licence or birth certificate at all. Copies of all the pages in your passport need to be certified by a solicitor/notary etc. All other documents like bank statements, wage slips, letter of employment,housing accomadation letter need to be originals.