ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship - Reckonable Residence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MichaelTN
United Kingdom

Irish Citizenship - Reckonable Residence

Post by MichaelTN » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:42 pm

Hello Immigrationboards!,

I've done a fair bit of reading and I am 99% sure I understand all of the requirements that are required for an application towards Irish Citizenship, but I just want to be sure, please see the below details:

Applicant: Spouse (Non-EU National from Azerbaijan, been living in Ireland for 5 & 1/2 years)

This year she took a holiday from the weeks of 27th January 2023 to 03rd March 2023. This equals out to 35 days or 5 weeks.

I read that there needs to be ONE whole year of residence in the Republic of Ireland prior to an application is made - is this 5 weeks okay or do we now need to wait until March 03 2024 to make an application?

For your information she is a holder of the older STAMP4 EU4FAM which is now converted to (Article 50 TEU) The Visa is due to expire March 2024 which we will be able to extend.

If anyone can help answer the question above, that'd be amazing.

Thanks so much in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship - Reckonable Residence

Post by meself2 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:43 pm

5 weeks is fine - it's not above a 70 day threshold.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

MichaelTN
United Kingdom

Re: Irish Citizenship - Reckonable Residence

Post by MichaelTN » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:36 pm

Thanks a lot meself2 - really appreciate the fast response on this! That's great news.