ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning Your Old BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Returning Your Old BRP

Post by hirennc » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:41 pm

Hello,

I recently received my Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and have questions about returning my old Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

I'd like to understand the importance of this step, the timing for doing it, and the procedure involved.

I've been searching for information on this but haven't found any details so far.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Returning Your Old BRP

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:17 pm

Well, you just return it to the address you have been given, that's it .... you have been given an address?
Not sure what else there is to explain, presumably UKVI want to keep track of issued/returned cards.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.