ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Card or eVisa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uskhan2023
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

BRP Card or eVisa?

Post by uskhan2023 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:39 am

I (along with my family) applied for Skilled worker visa (switch from Tier-4 student visa) on 14 August (priority service) using smart id app.

Our visa application was approved on 18 August and has been told that BRP will be delivered within 7-10 working days.

My daughter BRP was delivered on 23 August, whereas, my wife & myself (main application) has not delivered. We made complain using the UKVI portal on 4 September.

We both received two different emails on same day. My wife got email and saying that they are waiting for DWP to confirm her NI number. Whereas, I have been told that my enquiry is passed on to my caseworker.

Now, today (12th September) my wife received an email from BRP NINO (Home office) that they will not produce BRP, and She can view her immigration status online. She checked her UKVI account, and issue has been issued to her, and also, my visa is issued in UKVI account.

Does it mean, the system has moved to digitalisation? or especially, for those, we applied via smart id app ?

My question is, how can I travel outside or back to UK with eVisa (or without BRP)? Is there any way, I can contact BRP team for confirmation or more detail?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: BRP Card or eVisa?

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:49 am

This is the era being harped on for months on this forum and others. All BRP ceases to be valid from 31st December 2024. It appears HO beginning to switch people over to the digital phase.
You can travel and prove your immigration leave online.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:08 pm

Hopefully at a point in the near future the next phase of digital transformation will go live. That will be the sole use of an app and QR based digital visa. It has to be in place no later that the expiry of BRP cards obviously but hopefully it will be standard practice for all newly issued visa types by the end of this year.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:13 pm

I would have the same concern than OP considering that some airline staff abroad sometimes can be reluctant to understand the existence of this new system in the UK, or just simply be negligent when dealing with passengers coming to the UK with no BRP card but this electronic status instead.

I recall seeing posts where people commented on the annoyance of getting into a discussion with this staff insisting that a BRP is a must have to enter the UK, ignoring the fact that the person was not given one or the UK transitioning to this electronic system. I've witnessed probably more than once that some of them seem to have their own interpretation of the UK immigration rules.

uskhan2023
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uskhan2023 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:27 pm

Today (13 September), I received an email from TNT that they will deliver BRP card. My BRP (main applicant) delivered today.

So, myself (main applicant) and child got BRP card, whereas, they will not issue BRP card to my wife and she can use eVisa service to confirm her immigration status.

This is weird … ?? Or other have experienced same thing?

razergd1
Israel

Post by razergd1 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:39 pm

Is your wife a visa national?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Post by thecomptroller » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:59 pm

This is exactly the point that I’m wondering about overseas travel after 31 December 2024 when my BRP expires. No foreign airline check in clerk or border security overseas is going to have some computerised system just to check returning U.K. residents and they are not going to believe or understand some app on your phone even if you have a signal or are sufficiently IT savvy. I reckon they’ll have to issue some kind of card or passport visa sticker.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:11 am

thecomptroller wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:59 pm
This is exactly the point that I’m wondering about overseas travel after 31 December 2024 when my BRP expires. No foreign airline check in clerk or border security overseas is going to have some computerised system just to check returning U.K. residents and they are not going to believe or understand some app on your phone even if you have a signal or are sufficiently IT savvy. I reckon they’ll have to issue some kind of card or passport visa sticker.
There will be roll out of the new system before expiration of BRPs. With UK destinations being plied by most airlines, awareness of this will be in the industry though does not eliminate glitches or teething problems initially.