ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage before divorce

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ssaima2012
United Kingdom

Marriage before divorce

Post by Ssaima2012 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Dear Administrative,

Please move this post to the right place if it has been on the wrong topic.

1- My Friend, who is a British national and was ben married in the UK,
2- He initiated his divorce proceedings in 2019
3-Before obtaining a decree absolute in the UK, he flew to Pakistan and got married in 2019, and a child was born in 2020.
4-He got his absolute certificate in 2020 in the UK.

So before getting his divorce certificate in the UK, he remarried in Pakistan and is now looking for options to bring his wife to the UK. He understands his second marriage in Pakistan is not recognised in the UK. Please assist him
Can he apply for fiancee vis instead and explain to the Home Office? Your assistance is much appreciated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage before divorce

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:23 pm

Ssaima2012 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:25 pm
Dear Administrative,

Please move this post to the right place if it has been on the wrong topic.

1- My Friend, who is a British national and was ben married in the UK,
2- He initiated his divorce proceedings in 2019
3-Before obtaining a decree absolute in the UK, he flew to Pakistan and got married in 2019, and a child was born in 2020.
4-He got his absolute certificate in 2020 in the UK.

So before getting his divorce certificate in the UK, he remarried in Pakistan and is now looking for options to bring his wife to the UK. He understands his second marriage in Pakistan is not recognised in the UK. Please assist him
Can he apply for fiancee vis instead and explain to the Home Office? Your assistance is much appreciated.
As his divorce was not concluded first means he was not free to marry as at the time he contracted a new marriage.
Explain???....even if fiancee visa is granted, this is only for 6 months and new wife will need to switch therefore still need to meet the requirement of being free to marry.

Leave it with more knowledgeable Mods and members.

Ssaima2012
United Kingdom

Post by Ssaima2012 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:50 pm

As a Muslim he can marry to an other women in back home.( he married in Pakistan prior to get Decree absolute)

The previous marriage was registered in the UK and git divorce

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:00 pm

Ssaima2012 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:50 pm
As a Muslim he can marry to an other women in back home.( he married in Pakistan prior to get Decree absolute)

The previous marriage was registered in the UK and git divorce
Unfortunately this is a common issue. Apply for a fiance visa and marry legally in the Uk within 6 months. His wife will then have to submit a FLR(M) application to remain in the UK.

That of course if all the standard entry criteria is met. There will also be the question of his son being included in the application. I'll leave others to respond.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ssaima2012
United Kingdom

Post by Ssaima2012 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:25 pm

THANK YOU

I SHALL BE WAITING FOR THE OTHER EXPERT MEMBERS TO COMMENT ON IT.
PLEASE ALL ASSIST ME

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:32 pm

Ssaima2012 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:25 pm
THANK YOU

I SHALL BE WAITING FOR THE OTHER EXPERT MEMBERS TO COMMENT ON IT.
PLEASE ALL ASSIST ME
1. Please don't post in capital letters. It is the same as SHOUTING.

2. You have already been given the correct advice, not sure what more you are looking for. You only have the option of a fiance visa, the marry within the UK and switch to a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:18 pm

Further to CR001's advice, what passport does your son currently hold?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.