ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancel Set(F) and reapply with parent applying for settlement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gskolhe
Newly Registered
India

Cancel Set(F) and reapply with parent applying for settlement

Post by gskolhe » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:12 pm

Hi,

I received ILR Set(LR) in July and applied for Set(F) for my 9 year old son around the end of July. I paid for super-priority processing but realised while uploading the documents that I chose the wrong category. My son isn't on a family visa but is a dependent on my wife who has Tier 2 General visa. He hasn't completed the long residency route like me. I immediately submitted a cancellation request to the Home Office but never received any acknowledgement. So I again submitted a fresh cancellation request 2 days ago only to not receive any email acknowledgement again.

Now my wife is about to complete her 5 years on Tier 2 General in 3 week's time and my son is eligible to apply along with her. My questions are as below-
1. How do I know if the Home office has received and is considering my cancellation request?
2. Do I continue to wait for cancellation processing or go ahead and submit a fresh application for my son as a Tier 2 dependent?
3. If I submit a fresh apllication, do i need to mention the earlier application as "pending" or can just ignore?
4. The earlier application is asking me to attend a biometric appointment by 2nd Oct. What will happen if I don't do anything and home office doesn't respond by then? Will it get cancelled and refunded automatically? Or will I lose the money?

Thank you in advance!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Cancel Set(F) and reapply with parent applying for settlement

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:11 am

1. You would not know. Did you ask for withdrawal here: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml
2. You do not need to wait for anything. Add the child to your wife's SET(O) application
3,4. Noting happens. You may ignore it and instead ask for a refund:

Process to request a refund for services relating to an immigration application or service
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gskolhe
Newly Registered
India

Re: Cancel Set(F) and reapply with parent applying for settlement

Post by gskolhe » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:43 pm

Thank you @zimba. Yes, that's the link I followed for raising a withdrawal request. Thanks for the guidance on the rest of the queries.