ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ap_in
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension

Post by ap_in » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi

I got my HSMP(initial stamping) on Oct 2007 which is valid till Oct 2009. I came to UK on Jan 2008 and started working from Feb 2008. I am thinking of applying for visa extension by sep 2009. I would like to know if I can apply for extension before that.say this march. I have my past 12 months earnings and I am eligible for extension. If yes then will the visa be granted from Nov 2009 onwards or from the month I apply for extension. Please let me know.

cheers

drjabberwocky23

Re: HSMP Extension

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:56 am

ap_in wrote:Hi

I got my HSMP(initial stamping) on Oct 2007 which is valid till Oct 2009. I came to UK on Jan 2008 and started working from Feb 2008. I am thinking of applying for visa extension by sep 2009. I would like to know if I can apply for extension before that.say this march. I have my past 12 months earnings and I am eligible for extension. If yes then will the visa be granted from Nov 2009 onwards or from the month I apply for extension. Please let me know.

cheers
In theory, applications for extension should be submitted approximately 5 weeks prior to the date of expiry. If you have a clear and important reason for applying early, then this is possible as long as you detail it in your covering letter. The reason should be a valid one, however, such as the need to travel just before your visa expiry and therefore neding to have your passport. etc.

I have also heard of one or two members stating that they submitted successful early applications without such a sdtrong reason, but I don't know too much about this.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:44 am

Yes, I agree with the above.

umanghere

Extn

Post by umanghere » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Is this fact documented that you have to apply 5 weeks before expiry?

Is there a risk if someone apply say 2 weeks before expiry(there can be a valid reason like travelling abroad and coming back just 2 weeks before expiry of the visa.

umanghere

push
United Kingdom

Re: Extn

Post by push » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:26 pm

umanghere wrote:Is this fact documented that you have to apply 5 weeks before expiry?

Is there a risk if someone apply say 2 weeks before expiry(there can be a valid reason like travelling abroad and coming back just 2 weeks before expiry of the visa.

umanghere
No it is not mandatory. See below from UKBA website;
For applications made inside the United Kingdom
If you are already in the United Kingdom, you should apply to stay as soon as possible and before your current leave runs out. We encourage you to apply one month before your leave runs out.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

shubhoh
Newly Registered

Has anyone done it ?

Post by shubhoh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:31 pm

I am in similar situation (hsmp valid till Dec09 but want to get early tier1 extension in march09) & called the home office, they said do it any your own risk.

Have you guys applied or do u know someone who has applied & got approved\rejected?

Thanks