ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trying to Dodge ILR fees increase by applying early

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MakeRed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Trying to Dodge ILR fees increase by applying early

Post by MakeRed » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:45 pm

Sorry part of this question was already asked by some one just recently , But i need more context. In short i am trying to dodge the massive visa fees increase from 4th October.

My Tier 2 skilled visa vignette date = 13 December 2018
Based on the 5 years - 28 days criteria it comes down to = 13 December 2023 - 28 = 15 November 2023

Question 1) I hope the above calculation is correct ?

Now based on replies that i found in the below post
indefinite-leave-to-remain/what-is-the- ... 40015.html

Question 2) Can I apply on 3rd that is pay the visa fees + super priority fees and save around 600 quid of rise ? And then schedule the Biometric on or after 15 November 2023 ?

Question 3) Whats the max limit that this can be extended to ? Are we given the ability to book the biometric date spanning more than a month in my case its nearly 43 days post payment ?

Question 4) And what about documents since I guess employment letter and salary pay slips should be around November ? Will i be able to add them much later ?

Will be really grateful if some one can reply to these questions ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Trying to Dodge ILR fees increase by applying early

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:31 am

I already covered the logic of how to apply early (if necessary) and why it works in the link you posted. Note that when it comes to your documents, they all must be dated before the date of your application. You get 45 days to enrol your biometrics or else your application will be rejected as invalid, so the best you can do is to apply early by 45 days.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MakeRed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MakeRed » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:08 am

Thanks for your reply , I am well within 45 days period so that works out good.

But your point
Note that when it comes to your documents, they all must be dated before the date of your application.
Sorry so in my case is my application date 3rd October the date that i am submiting the application ?

And will my documents say dated 1 October and payslips generated in October will be valid cause biometric is happening at mid of november ( By that point i will already be in posession of November payslips ) ? And there would be gap of more than 28 days here ( Sorry if i am not making sense but i am trying to figure out that if such a big gap is allowed between document date and biometric submission date ) ?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:49 am

The date of application relevant to your documents is the date you apply online. It is not the biometric appointment date.

Your documents must be dated on or before 3rd October if that is the date you submit online.

Zimba has stated that very clearly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MakeRed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MakeRed » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:03 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply. Not taking much of your time. So having documents so far in advance is not going to be an issue?
Should I go ahead and submit documents and payslips dated 3rd October and pay visa fees with super priority. And book my Biometrics on 15 November 2023 and I am looking good? Do I need to submit my November slips in later date before Biometrics ?

Cheers

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:29 pm

MakeRed wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:03 pm
Thanks a lot for your reply. Not taking much of your time. So having documents so far in advance is not going to be an issue?
Should I go ahead and submit documents and payslips dated 3rd October and pay visa fees with super priority. And book my Biometrics on 15 November 2023 and I am looking good? Do I need to submit my November slips in later date before Biometrics ?

Cheers
Using section 3C technicality to apply early and benefit from the date of the decision will have NO effect on the rest of the application. ALL your documents MUST be dated before the date of application. The date of your biometrics has NO relevance whatsoever. The date of the application is the date you apply and submit it online.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MakeRed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MakeRed » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:10 pm

Thanks a lot for your replies. This is infact going to save a lot of money for people like us. Much obliged