ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PROOF OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT FOR CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tsar_bomb36
Ghana

PROOF OF LIVING IN UK

Post by tsar_bomb36 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:19 pm

Dear immigration experts

I am due to apply for British naturalisation and in the application forms there's a question about showing evidence of living in the UK for the past 3 or 5 years depending on the route of application. It is also stated that bank statements and utility bills cannot be used as evidence. I am wondering what I can use as evidence if bank statements and utility bills cannot be used.
Another question I have is that I was desqualified for driving in 2013 without insurance and 6 points taken off my license. I had to retake both theory and practicals again to obtain a new license. The 6 points is now spent and I dont have any points on my license. Do I need to declare this? A county court judgement in 2020 was issued to me for parking at a private car park. It has now been declared. Do I have to declare this too please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PROOF OF LIVING IN UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:28 pm

For proof of residence, you only need your passport(s), biometric page and all stamped pages. It is only EU citizens and their family on the EU route that require other documents as their passports are not stamped.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tsar_bomb36
Ghana

Re: PROOF OF LIVING IN UK

Post by tsar_bomb36 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:59 pm

Thank you very much for your response. Sorry for latre reply, I was away. Regarding my second querry, do I need to declare my driving disqualification for driving without insurance in 2014 where 6 points was taken from my license? It is asked in the application form whether at any time I have a driving conviction such as driving without insurance. I had to retake the driving test again and eventually the 6 points was spent and no longer in my records. Should i declare this please?

tsar_bomb36
Ghana

SHOULD I DECLARE ALMOST 10 YEAR OLD DRIVING CONVICTION?

Post by tsar_bomb36 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:12 am

Dear immigration experts, I am just about submitting my naturalisation application but I do have a driving conviction from 2013 and wondering whether I should declare it or not. Another issue is that even if I will declare it, it has been so long that i do not remember the exact date. All i remember is that I got a disqualifacation for driving, fined £300 and 6 points taken off my license in 2013. I paid the fine and had to take the driving test all over again. Now the points are spent and I do not have any records of the exact date, so how do I declare it if I do not have records of the exact date and do not know how to find out? Please help, thank you

tsar_bomb36
Ghana

Re: SHOULD I DECLARE ALMOST 10 YEAR OLD DRIVING CONVICTION?

Post by tsar_bomb36 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:39 am

Thank you CRO01 for alerting me about multiple posts, I did not know multiple posts are not permitted. I created the second post because I realised only the first part of my question was answered, which of course I'm very grateful for. The second part about whether or not to declare the driving without insurance 9 years ago was not answered by anyone (yet) and I intend to send the application as soon as someone gives advice on that please.

Thank you

Ameer_zyzom

Post by Ameer_zyzom » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:10 pm

Yes, you MUST to declare it, also you need to write something like that, Due to the passage of time, I am unable to recall the precise date that this offence was committed, but as the application requires a date, the date that i provided was the best of my recollection, which may not be correct. therefore I would like to make the home office (UKVI) aware that I am not trying to give any misinformation on my offence, and should not be considered as an attempt by me to provide false or inaccurate information.
good luck

tsar_bomb36
Ghana

Post by tsar_bomb36 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:06 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. I did send the application before I read your reply, but I did declare it and I added I cojuld not honestly remember the exact date of the application, pretty much similar to what you advised. Thank you once again

tsar_bomb36
Ghana

PROOF OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT FOR CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

Post by tsar_bomb36 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:24 pm

Dear immigration experts, I recently completed and paid for my UK naturalisation application on the family route but yet to send supporting documents and want to clear a few questions that i did not quite understand. In the olnine application forms there are a few questions regarding the English language requirement. First of all, I have a B1 certificate that is more than two years old but which I used in my previous application for indefinite leave to remain application and was successful, and according to the rules I can still use it to prove my English language requirement and that is what I intend to use for my naturalisation application when uploading the supporting documents. I was asked if I have a degree that was taught in English, and I answered yes, because i really do have a BSc degree from a foreign university that was taught in English and about 10 years ago the then NARIC ( now called Ecctis) certified my degree certificate which I used for my leave to remain application at the time but after which I stopped using for my subsequent applications because it was no longer valid as evidence as the UKBA now requires Ecctis certification, that is why I took the B1 certificate and rsther used it for my indefinite leave to remain application. The next question is ''does your degree meet your English language requirement''? I answered ''no'', because even though technically it does meet the English language requirement, it needed to be certified by Ecctis, which I don't see the need when I can simply use my IELTS Life Skills Speaking and Listening at B1 as evidence of my English language requirement. The next question is ''what will you use to prove your degree was taught in Enlgish'' without asking anything whatsoever about the evidence I will use as my English language requirement, which I would have answered my B1 certificate. It left me with no choice than to say I will use my degree certificate. Next question is ''have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application'', to which I answered yes, referring to my B1 certificate. I intend to use my B1 certificate all the same as evidence when I'm uploading the supporting documents but because I answered I will be using my degree certificate, UKBA is expecting me to present my foreign degree certificate as evidence, but it has not been certified by Ecctis. My question is, should i go ahead and use my B1 certificate as English language evidence or apply to Ecctis for certification of my foreign degree and use that instead? The application to Ecctis takes about 15 working days which I think may take longer and I do not want to wait that long to upload the supporting documents. What do you think? Do I stand a chance with just the B1 certificate? Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PROOF OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT FOR CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:35 pm

tsar_bomb36 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:24 pm
Dear immigration experts, I recently completed and paid for my UK naturalisation application on the family route but yet to send supporting documents and want to clear a few questions that i did not quite understand. In the olnine application forms there are a few questions regarding the English language requirement. First of all, I have a B1 certificate that is more than two years old but which I used in my previous application for indefinite leave to remain application and was successful, and according to the rules I can still use it to prove my English language requirement and that is what I intend to use for my naturalisation application when uploading the supporting documents. I was asked if I have a degree that was taught in English, and I answered yes, because i really do have a BSc degree from a foreign university that was taught in English and about 10 years ago the then NARIC ( now called Ecctis) certified my degree certificate which I used for my leave to remain application at the time but after which I stopped using for my subsequent applications because it was no longer valid as evidence as the UKBA now requires Ecctis certification, that is why I took the B1 certificate and rsther used it for my indefinite leave to remain application. The next question is ''does your degree meet your English language requirement''? I answered ''no'', because even though technically it does meet the English language requirement, it needed to be certified by Ecctis, which I don't see the need when I can simply use my IELTS Life Skills Speaking and Listening at B1 as evidence of my English language requirement. The next question is ''what will you use to prove your degree was taught in Enlgish'' without asking anything whatsoever about the evidence I will use as my English language requirement, which I would have answered my B1 certificate. It left me with no choice than to say I will use my degree certificate. Next question is ''have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application'', to which I answered yes, referring to my B1 certificate. I intend to use my B1 certificate all the same as evidence when I'm uploading the supporting documents but because I answered I will be using my degree certificate, UKBA is expecting me to present my foreign degree certificate as evidence, but it has not been certified by Ecctis. My question is, should i go ahead and use my B1 certificate as English language evidence or apply to Ecctis for certification of my foreign degree and use that instead? The application to Ecctis takes about 15 working days which I think may take longer and I do not want to wait that long to upload the supporting documents. What do you think? Do I stand a chance with just the B1 certificate? Kind regards
It is INCREDIBLY difficult to read one massive solid block of text like this. Please use paragraphs when posting!!

If you were planning to use the B1 English test, you should have answered NO to the degree question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tsar_bomb36
Ghana

Post by tsar_bomb36 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:12 pm

I apologise for not using paragraphs to make my querry readable, and thank you for your prompt reply. After answering ''no'' to the question whether my degree meets the requirements for the English language, the next question did not even give me the opportunity to say I will say use my B1 ceetificate. The next question what I will use to prove my degree was taught in English, to which the only answer I could hhave given was to say my degree certificate.

I intend to write a cover note attached to the B1 certificate I'll upload as part of supporting documents explaining the question did not really grant me the opportunity to say I will use my B1 certificate and that is what I intended to use all along, maybe that will help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:17 pm

You answer YES to B1 English test and NO to having a degree taught in English questions, simples.

Just add a cover note then. The question was there re B1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)