ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Post Regarding Sole Representative Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AhmerM
Newly Registered
Pakistan

First Post Regarding Sole Representative Visa

Post by AhmerM » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:40 pm

Hello to all.
I have been reading this forum since June 2021. That is when I applied for the Sole Rep of an Overseas Business Visa from Pakistan which was refused after a month of applying.
After a 2 year struggle, I have received an email from the Home Office that the refusal decision has been overturned and that now I have to pay the IHS (link attached in the email) and wait for further instructions.
Does that mean they will ask for the passport later? If yes, how long should it normally take from here to get the visa in general?
Sorry if there is already a thread on this topic i have searched the forum before posting.
Any help is appreciated. Regards,
Ahmer.

meself2
Ireland

Re: First Post Regarding Sole Representative Visa

Post by meself2 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:42 am

They will ask for passport - you would need to get a visa in it somehow.

We don't know how long it takes, this is something post people on the board have never encountered (getting Sole Rep visa after appeal), so I'm afraid you'd have to be the sole data point.
Don't do travel plans till you have a passport with a visa in hand.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:49 am

AhmerM wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:40 pm
Hello to all.
I have been reading this forum since June 2021. That is when I applied for the Sole Rep of an Overseas Business Visa from Pakistan which was refused after a month of applying.
After a 2 year struggle, I have received an email from the Home Office that the refusal decision has been overturned and that now I have to pay the IHS (link attached in the email) and wait for further instructions.
Does that mean they will ask for the passport later? If yes, how long should it normally take from here to get the visa in general?
Sorry if there is already a thread on this topic i have searched the forum before posting.
Any help is appreciated. Regards,
Ahmer.
For overturned refusals (not sure it matters what category), most times you're asked to send your passport to Sheffield, UK directly.
Passport would then be sent back to you via your local VFS for pick up or whatever UK visa centre you guys have over there.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AhmerM
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AhmerM » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:30 pm

Noted. Will keep this forum informed.

AhmerM
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AhmerM » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:14 pm

Hello,

With regards to an update, after the IHS topup, I've received a "BRP Decision Letter" from UKVI which mentions that the visa vignette decision has been successful. UKVI further advised to wait for the VAC's invitation for passport resubmission.

The details of BRP collection address and leave to remain duration are also mentioned.

Regards,

Deepaklal
Newly Registered

Post by Deepaklal » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:07 pm

Hello Ahmer! First of all Congratulations!

Your decision overturned through Admin Review?
Could you please share your detailed timeline?

Thanks in advance!
AhmerM wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:14 pm
Hello,

With regards to an update, after the IHS topup, I've received a "BRP Decision Letter" from UKVI which mentions that the visa vignette decision has been successful. UKVI further advised to wait for the VAC's invitation for passport resubmission.

The details of BRP collection address and leave to remain duration are also mentioned.

Regards,