ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help in regards to Form RR ( Correction in Naturalization Certificate)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amanjain861
India

Help in regards to Form RR ( Correction in Naturalization Certificate)

Post by amanjain861 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:26 pm

Hi All,

My name is:
Given Name: Aaaa
Family Name: Jjjj

Can you please help me out on an urgent query which I have? I received the Naturalization Certificate today from council and I found out that only my Family Name is mentioned in the Naturalization Certificate in front of Full Name as: *Jjjj*. My "Given Name" is completely missing.

I know that we have to apply using RR Form, but I have a query in regards to point 1.4 - Other Names. Instruction is: Fill as it is shown in Certificate of Registration or Naturalization.

I understood from various posts that in (1.4 - Other Names), the Given Name + Middle Names have to be mentioned, but in my Naturalization Certificate my Given Name is missing completely, in this case shall I leave the section blank or fill it?

Also, I am thinking of sending 2 forms, one with the section 1.4 filled and other blank, and explain it in a cover letter, will it be a good idea?

Note: I checked multiple times in my Passport, BRP and Naturalization Application, I filled everything properly with my Given name and Family Name separately.

An early response will be appreciated as I have to submit the Form RR asap. (Possibly Tomorrow)

amanjain861
India

Re: Help in regards to Form RR ( Correction in Naturalization Certificate)

Post by amanjain861 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:52 pm

amanjain861 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:26 pm
Hi All,

My name is:
Given Name: Aaaa
Family Name: Jjjj

Can you please help me out on an urgent query which I have? I received the Naturalization Certificate today from council and I found out that only my Family Name is mentioned in the Naturalization Certificate in front of Full Name as: *Jjjj*. My "Given Name" is completely missing.

I know that we have to apply using RR Form, but I have a query in regards to point 1.4 - Other Names. Instruction is: Fill as it is shown in Certificate of Registration or Naturalization.

I understood from various posts that in (1.4 - Other Names), the Given Name + Middle Names have to be mentioned, but in my Naturalization Certificate my Given Name is missing completely, in this case shall I leave the section blank or fill it?

Also, I am thinking of sending 2 forms, one with the section 1.4 filled and other blank, and explain it in a cover letter, will it be a good idea?

Note: I checked multiple times in my Passport, BRP and Naturalization Application, I filled everything properly with my Given name and Family Name separately.

An early response will be appreciated as I have to submit the Form RR asap. (Possibly Tomorrow)
Hi Guys,

I didn't receive any input from the group, so I sent the two copies so that point of re-work don't happen. I also send the copies of Passport and BRP as certified. Now, I have my travel to India scheduled on 9th Dec'23 after 5 years and it seems it is in the danger of spilling over time.

I had sent them emails for updates today (Docs reached them on 21st Sep'23) , but not sure if it will help to speed up things. I am thinking of personally visiting Liverpool office in Oct'23 first week and give them a status reminder letter, if that helps. I am ready to get some rough words from them, but the trip is highly important for me; thus, willing to bear waiting or even return to home by them, but want to give this a try.

I just want to make sure that I get the certificate back by 10th Nov'23; but efforts have to start now.

Any ideas or help or guidance anyone/admins, how can I do this? Is there way to get an appointment or shall I just go to the office and start requesting.

It is really hard to do all this as well as heartbreaking that after doing so much, we land up with such things with not much recourse.

Looking for guidance!

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:03 pm

Do you still have your ILR BRP?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

amanjain861
India

Post by amanjain861 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:32 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:03 pm
Do you still have your ILR BRP?
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. No, don't have the BRP. I sent it to Home Office, as per the protocol.

amanjain861
India

Post by amanjain861 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:51 am

Hi All,

I got the below response today morning. Any guidance/inputs, when next to follow-up and when to time my visit to Liverpool office?

==============
Dear PQR,

Thank you for contacting the FNE inbox.

Your application has been received but not yet uploaded to our systems, it can take 10 working to upload to our systems due to the number of applications we receive by mail. We are unable to give a timescale on when your application will be completed, but pleased be assured we are working hard on getting your application uploaded and your certificate being corrected, once we have completed the process you will be contacted.

Yours sincerely,
ABC,
Customer Operations Support Services
===========

amanjain861
India

Post by amanjain861 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:57 am

amanjain861 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:51 am
Hi All,

I got the below response today morning. Any guidance/inputs, when next to follow-up and when to time my visit to Liverpool office?

==============
Dear PQR,

Thank you for contacting the FNE inbox.

Your application has been received but not yet uploaded to our systems, it can take 10 working to upload to our systems due to the number of applications we receive by mail. We are unable to give a timescale on when your application will be completed, but pleased be assured we are working hard on getting your application uploaded and your certificate being corrected, once we have completed the process you will be contacted.

Yours sincerely,
ABC,
Customer Operations Support Services
===========
I just checked on LinkedIn in InCognito mode, the above mail has come from a person in Bootle in London and not from Liverpool. It seems the person has send a blinder rather than taking any effort in enquiring about my Certificate.

I am planning to again send a mail on Monday and then travel to Liverpool on 5th Oct'23. Guys, any guidance or tips, if the timeline for follow-up feel ok? Also, do you see the above mail a generic response or anything specific to my certificate?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:10 am

Jeez, can you not exercise a bit of patience!!

You wont even be allowed in the building in Liverpool, you will simply be turned away.

You received a generic response . Just wait to hear back, you only sent it last week. No point harassing them continuously after only a few days!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amanjain861
India

Post by amanjain861 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:10 am

You wont even be allowed in the building in Liverpool, you will simply be turned away.

You received a generic response . Just wait to hear back, you only sent it last week. No point harassing them continuously after only a few days!!
Thanks for your response. I know I am being a bit impatient, but since I need to have the certificate back by Nov'23 first week at max as I have to travel to India in Dec'23 first week. I was thinking to push it on priority sooner than later.

In earlier posts for such issues, if you don't follow up, they take ages, 2-3-4 months to return right certificate; thus, I was being a bit pushy.

As I said, I will send a email to them for further follow-up next week after 10 working days, so I can ask for a correct update.

amanjain861
India

Post by amanjain861 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:34 am

amanjain861 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:24 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:10 am

Thanks for your response. I know I am being a bit impatient, but since I need to have the certificate back by Nov'23 first week at max as I have to travel to India in Dec'23 first week. I was thinking to push it on priority sooner than later.

In earlier posts for such issues, if you don't follow up, they take ages, 2-3-4 months to return right certificate; thus, I was being a bit pushy.

As I said, I will send a email to them for further follow-up next week after 10 working days, so I can ask for a correct update.
Hi All,

I sent multiple emails to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk, there has been no response. It is 3 weeks now already and nothing from Home Office. Only update from "FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk" that "As stated in our previous reply your RR application has been uploaded to our systems" on 4th Oct'23.

In the meantime, my father needs surgery asap for a health condition, there is no one back home to support family at this time. I raised this with my MP, also I raised an Escalation/Compassion case with UKVI, still after 2 days of raising it, no reply from Home Office. I also sent compassion case email with supporting documents to the Home Office.

I am unable to understand, why I am not being contacted, despite my father needing me to support him and my mother at this time. I feel like shackled in chains and I am unable to travel to India now.

I am not sure what to di, any ideas, any help please. What more can I do?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:51 am

Quite a stressful time and unenviable situation. Appears all that can be done are the steps you have taken already, wait till you hear from HO hopefully soonest to attend and care for/be by your loved ones.

amanjain861
India

Post by amanjain861 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:31 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:51 am
Quite a stressful time and unenviable situation. Appears all that can be done are the steps you have taken already, wait till you hear from HO hopefully soonest to attend and care for/be by your loved ones.
Hi All,

I didn't receive any call in last 3 days, so I called UKVI and guess what I was told that the email ID in the ticket I raised for escalation was written wrong, which I got corrected and have been asked to now wait for 72 hrs for someone to come back to me. There's no communication from Home Office as yet for Naturalization Certificate Correction.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:54 pm

One of your efforts paid off in some way.

amanjain861
India

Post by amanjain861 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:41 am

Hi All,

I mailed/had been emailing the Home Office on different email IDs for the status such as FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk, NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk, citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk, CT1CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk, CT2CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk, CT3CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk & CT4CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk as well as I sent hard copy letters to Department 201 in Liverpool's HO Building.

Interim Outcome:

Today, 16th Oct'23 I got an email response from CT4CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk as below in succession:
========
Email 1:
Dear Mr XX, your amended certificate has been printed and despatched on 11 October 2023 and should be with you shortly.
========
Email 2:
Hi Mr XX, the amendment to your certificate was completed by a colleague 11/10/23 and I have picked up your e-mail to provide you with a response. However, I can inform you that once completed, the process is automated and would be actioned by another dept – as I understand it it is not usual practice to use envelopes provided by customers to send nationality certificates (these would only be used to return any original evidence documents provided in support of a requested amendment)

I`m afraid I cannot provide you with any information other than that contained in my previous e-mail which is to say that the amended certificate is on its way to you.
========

In sense, they're saying that amendment was done and sent back on 11th Oct'23 and also by some different postal service than what I sent as part of first class tracked self-addressed envelope. I am still waiting to see if/when I get it.

amanjain861
India

Post by amanjain861 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:34 pm

amanjain861 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:41 am
Hi All,

I mailed/had been emailing the Home Office on different email IDs for the status such as FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk, NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk, citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk, CT1CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk, CT2CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk, CT3CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk & CT4CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk as well as I sent hard copy letters to Department 201 in Liverpool's HO Building.

Interim Outcome:

Today, 16th Oct'23 I got an email response from CT4CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk as below in succession:
========
Email 1:
Dear Mr XX, your amended certificate has been printed and despatched on 11 October 2023 and should be with you shortly.
========
Email 2:
Hi Mr XX, the amendment to your certificate was completed by a colleague 11/10/23 and I have picked up your e-mail to provide you with a response. However, I can inform you that once completed, the process is automated and would be actioned by another dept – as I understand it it is not usual practice to use envelopes provided by customers to send nationality certificates (these would only be used to return any original evidence documents provided in support of a requested amendment)

I`m afraid I cannot provide you with any information other than that contained in my previous e-mail which is to say that the amended certificate is on its way to you.
========

In sense, they're saying that amendment was done and sent back on 11th Oct'23 and also by some different postal service than what I sent as part of first class tracked self-addressed envelope. I am still waiting to see if/when I get it.
Hi All,

I received the amended and corrected Naturalization Certificate today (18/10/2023 @ 2pm) using the same self addressed and paid up 1st class trackable and signed for stamp. All in all, it took twice in a week follow-up, written emails, escalation case to bring me the certificate in 4 weeks:

Overall Timeline:
Naturalization Ceremony: 19th Sept'23
Sent back wring Certificate which was received by HO (Liverpool): 21st Sep'23
26th Sep'23: First email received of Team Receiving my docs.
Email for updates sent on 26th Sep, 02nd Oct, 03rd Oct'23, 4thOct, 11th Oct, 13thOct & 18thOct'23
Escalation Case Raised on 9th Oct'23
MP Raised case with HO: 16th Oct'23
HO (FNE Email) Response on 26th Sep: Case may take 10 weeks
HO (FNE Email) Response on 3rd Oct: Case locked in the system
HO (CT4CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk) response: 16th Oct: Certificate printed and sent
HO (CT4CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk) response: 16th Oct: Certificate printed and sent, should reach you soon.
18th Oct: Got the correct Certificate ( Date of Letter with Certificate: 12th Oct'23, Naturalization Date on Certificate: Same as with earlier Certificate: 19th Sep'23 )

Thanks a lot all for helping me in this ordeal.

Admins - Please close the thread, if and when you want.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:18 pm

amanjain861 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:34 pm
amanjain861 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:41 am
Hi All,

Interim Outcome:

========
Email 1:
========
Email 2:

========

Hi All,

I received the amended and corrected Naturalization Certificate today (18/10/2023 @ 2pm) using the same self addressed and paid up 1st class trackable and signed for stamp. All in all, it took twice in a week follow-up, written emails, escalation case to bring me the certificate in 4 weeks:

Overall Timeline:
Naturalization Ceremony: 19th Sept'23
Sent back wring Certificate which was received by HO (Liverpool): 21st Sep'23
26th Sep'23: First email received of Team Receiving my docs.
Email for updates sent on 26th Sep, 02nd Oct, 03rd Oct'23, 4thOct, 11th Oct, 13thOct & 18thOct'23
Escalation Case Raised on 9th Oct'23
MP Raised case with HO: 16th Oct'23
HO (FNE Email) Response on 26th Sep: Case may take 10 weeks
HO (FNE Email) Response on 3rd Oct: Case locked in the system
HO (CT4CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk) response: 16th Oct: Certificate printed and sent
HO (CT4CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk) response: 16th Oct: Certificate printed and sent, should reach you soon.
18th Oct: Got the correct Certificate ( Date of Letter with Certificate: 12th Oct'23, Naturalization Date on Certificate: Same as with earlier Certificate: 19th Sep'23 )

Thanks a lot all for helping me in this ordeal.

Admins - Please close the thread, if and when you want.
Thank you for sharing your experience as it could be useful for others in the same boat. And congratulations!

WK1408
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by WK1408 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:07 am

I got my naturalisation certificate on 27th Sep, 2023 but my name on it was incorrect. I then sent you an RR form for correction of my name on the certificate along with my foreign passport copy. I sent my docments via Royal mail next day guaranteed delivery and they were delivered 5 weeks ago but I haven't heard back from homeoffice yet.

My name is "Najam" and I don't have a given name. For submitting online naturalisation application I had to write my surname in the place of given name too otherwise online application couldnt have been submitted if I left the space blank. I used the same approach in all my UKVI visa applications and received my BRPs(attached) with name "Najam " but in the Naturalisation certificate my name is written as "Najam * Najam ; which doesn't match my other IDs and foreign documents. Thus, my UK passport application will be invalid.
I have contacted UKVI several time but they could not esclate before 8 weeks. Is there anyway to esclate early.
Emails mentioned in above thread used already.
Any idea how long it takes because i need to travel in couple of months time.

WK1408
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by WK1408 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:07 am

I got my naturalisation certificate on 27th Sep, 2023 but my name on it was incorrect. I then sent you an RR form for correction of my name on the certificate along with my foreign passport copy. I sent my docments via Royal mail next day guaranteed delivery and they were delivered 5 weeks ago but I haven't heard back from homeoffice yet.

My name is "Najam" and I don't have a given name. For submitting online naturalisation application I had to write my surname in the place of given name too otherwise online application couldnt have been submitted if I left the space blank. I used the same approach in all my UKVI visa applications and received my BRPs(attached) with name "Najam " but in the Naturalisation certificate my name is written as "Najam * Najam ; which doesn't match my other IDs and foreign documents. Thus, my UK passport application will be invalid.
I have contacted UKVI several time but they could not esclate before 8 weeks. Is there anyway to esclate early.

amanjain861
India

Post by amanjain861 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:49 pm

WK1408 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:07 am

Hi Najam,

Hope you're doing well. I thought to ask you if you got the corrected certificate and how long did it take for you?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:13 am

amanjain861 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:49 pm
WK1408 wrote:

Hi Najam,

Hope you're doing well. I thought to ask you if you got the corrected certificate and how long did it take for you?
Op has not been here since date of last post.

amanjain861
India

Post by amanjain861 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:16 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:13 am
amanjain861 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:49 pm
WK1408 wrote:

Hi Najam,

Op has not been here since date of last post.
Hi,

No problem. I got the corrected certificate of my wife 10 days back

Santino301
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Santino301 » Thu May 02, 2024 1:17 pm

Good evening, I am just commenting to ask the same question as the gentlemen above, there was a mistake made on my naturalisation certificate on my place of birth, I have sent back all the relevant documents but they have asked for my original certificate but the passport hold this, I’m waiting for it to be sent back to me however will the home office wait until they receive my old certificate before they issue a new one ? how long does it take the home office to issue a new certificate and send it back to me

Thank you for any help you provide.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu May 02, 2024 7:49 pm

You were asked to send it, so you need to wait to receive it back and send it to the correct department. It is considered inappropriate to tag your question under someone else's topic.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.