ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on Naturalisation application status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

araj
Newly Registered
India

Questions on Naturalisation application status

Post by araj » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:39 pm

Hi,

I made an application for naturalisation and submitted documents in June first week 2023. The Route was skilled worker visa -> ILR -> after 1.5 years -> naturalisation application. There is no complication in the application as such. I know the general timeline is 6 months, but i observed that the applications are getting approved after like 3 months on average based on the timeline thread. So i expected to hear back in September, which hasn't happened yet. So i am worried if i somehow miss their email or if there is some complication in my application. I basically want to know
  • From What email address should i expect a response for naturalisation, this could be related to asking additional information or just to inform me about the update.
  • Is there an email address that i can write to enquire about my application status
  • If there is anything related to referees, how long it generally take home office to write to me asking about it

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Questions on Naturalisation application status

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:46 pm

araj wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:39 pm
Hi,

I made an application for naturalisation and submitted documents in June first week 2023. The Route was skilled worker visa -> ILR -> after 1.5 years -> naturalisation application. There is no complication in the application as such. I know the general timeline is 6 months, but i observed that the applications are getting approved after like 3 months on average based on the timeline thread. So i expected to hear back in September, which hasn't happened yet. So i am worried if i somehow miss their email or if there is some complication in my application. I basically want to know
  • From What email address should i expect a response for naturalisation, this could be related to asking additional information or just to inform me about the update.
  • Is there an email address that i can write to enquire about my application status
  • If there is anything related to referees, how long it generally take home office to write to me asking about it
You can't ask, and wouldn't get any response until after 6 months. Not one day before.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

isla87
Wales

Post by isla87 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:07 pm

araj wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:39 pm
Hi,

Don't worry about it. Several people who applied in May have still not heard back, let alone June.

Plob500
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Plob500 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:22 pm

I applied in early May 2023 and nothing yet.. Just have to sit it out and wait. If they need more information they will email you. After the six months you can email them to request further information.