ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from work visa to family visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jslrahul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Switching from work visa to family visa

Post by jslrahul » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:39 pm

Hi all,

I am on work visa and recently submitted my application to switch to family (Spouse) visa on 7-Sep-2023. Also, I have completed Biometric on 21-Sep-2023. I went with super priority service and received the response from the caseworker after 6 hours completing the biometric as

'We are considering your application.

Unfortunately your case has raised a complex issue and I now need to get a senior manager to verify said issue and as such I am not able to make a decision within the 1-day service standard.

Please note as we have begun consideration of your case within the 1-day service standard, we have met our obligations under the Super Priority service and you will therefore will not be eligible for a refund of the Super Priority fee.'

Anyone has received something similar ? Or Any knowledge on such response ?

Hope to hear soon. Thank You.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Switching from work visa to family visa

Post by meself2 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:48 pm

As mentioned on this forum, priority service is not a guaranteed service - UKVI can (and does) take its time if for whatever reason they can't make the decision straight away. So the overall response ("we started to consider your application but won't finish it in time") is normal.

No idea what is the issue that your caseworker needs clarification on; up to you to consider your situation/immigration history and see what could've been asked.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:17 am

It is unusual for someone on a skilled worker visa to want to switch to a spouse visa. Any time you have built up on the work visa will be lost and you will restart your 5 years towards ILR when you move to a spouse visa.

Is there anything wrong with your employment or your employer’s sponsorship?

jslrahul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jslrahul » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:27 am

I am on Tier 2 ICT visa and completing 5 years in Dec 2023 after that I don't have sponsorship hence applied for switching to family visa.

Is this a generic message from UKVI ?

My immigration history is pretty good.

jslrahul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jslrahul » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:29 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:17 am
It is unusual for someone on a skilled worker visa to want to switch to a spouse visa. Any time you have built up on the work visa will be lost and you will restart your 5 years towards ILR when you move to a spouse visa.

Is there anything wrong with your employment or your employer’s sponsorship?

I am on Tier 2 ICT visa and completing 5 years in Dec 2023 after that I don't have sponsorship hence applied for switching to family visa.

jslrahul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jslrahul » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:30 am

meself2 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:48 pm
As mentioned on this forum, priority service is not a guaranteed service - UKVI can (and does) take its time if for whatever reason they can't make the decision straight away. So the overall response ("we started to consider your application but won't finish it in time") is normal.

No idea what is the issue that your caseworker needs clarification on; up to you to consider your situation/immigration history and see what could've been asked.
Is this a generic message from UKVI ? My immigration history is pretty good.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:07 pm

Passing a case to a senior manager is not usually something put in a generic message. There are a high number of agency workers in the decision teams so that might be why that is stated.

jslrahul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jslrahul » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:54 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:07 pm
Passing a case to a senior manager is not usually something put in a generic message. There are a high number of agency workers in the decision teams so that might be why that is stated.
Thank You for your response. I think UKVI decision will come on its own time.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:45 pm

jslrahul wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:39 pm
Hi all,

I am on work visa and recently submitted my application to switch to family (Spouse) visa on 7-Sep-2023. Also, I have completed Biometric on 21-Sep-2023. I went with super priority service and received the response from the caseworker after 6 hours completing the biometric as

'We are considering your application.

Unfortunately your case has raised a complex issue and I now need to get a senior manager to verify said issue and as such I am not able to make a decision within the 1-day service standard.

Please note as we have begun consideration of your case within the 1-day service standard, we have met our obligations under the Super Priority service and you will therefore will not be eligible for a refund of the Super Priority fee.'

Anyone has received something similar ? Or Any knowledge on such response ?

Hope to hear soon. Thank You.
Dear jslrahul,
Is Super Priority service available for a spouse visa? no link online says that, only for extension.