ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Little Confusion in Lisitng Documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Masam
Newly Registered

Little Confusion in Lisitng Documents

Post by Masam » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

I m going to submit my Tier 1 (general) application, but i m little confused. Can i send my original passport or just a photocopy of my passport with original documents. if i will submit only passport photocopy then after getting approval letter where ill submit my passport. I m really very confused, havent found any information so please help me thanks. My location is in London. So kind of you. Thanks

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:59 pm

You need to submit the original passport and not a photocopy. The same applies to the rest of your documentary evidence also.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Little Confusion in Lisitng Documents

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:01 pm

Masam wrote:Hi Everyone,

I m going to submit my Tier 1 (general) application, but i m little confused. Can i send my original passport or just a photocopy of my passport with original documents. if i will submit only passport photocopy then after getting approval letter where ill submit my passport. I m really very confused, havent found any information so please help me thanks. My location is in London. So kind of you. Thanks
You have to send your Original Passport..

While filling your application you will see this stated in BOLD words in section 2 part C .. check below..

C
. Passport or Travel Documents
Help on the questions is given at the end of this application form.
For the application to be valid and complete, the applicant must provide his/her original current passport or travel document unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form. The applicant should also provide all previous passports and/or travel documents that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave.
If not enclosed then location of Passport/Travel Document
â–¡
Lost - go to question C7
â–¡
Yes
â–¡
Stolen - go to question C8
â–¡
No
â–¡
Expired - returned to national authorities
â–¡
Elsewhere in the UK Border Agency

Masam
Newly Registered

Post by Masam » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:09 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Masam wrote:Hi Everyone,

While filling your application you will see this stated in BOLD words in section 2 part C .. check below..

C
. Passport or Travel Documents
Help on the questions is given at the end of this application form.
For the application to be valid and complete, the applicant must provide his/her original current passport or travel document unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form. The applicant should also provide all previous passports and/or travel documents that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave.
If not enclosed then location of Passport/Travel Document
â–¡
Lost - go to question C7
â–¡
Yes
â–¡
Stolen - go to question C8
â–¡
No
â–¡
Expired - returned to national authorities
â–¡
Elsewhere in the UK Border Agency

THANKS ...........

Masam
Newly Registered

Post by Masam » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:10 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:You need to submit the original passport and not a photocopy. The same applies to the rest of your documentary evidence also.

THANKS.....

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:50 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:

C
The applicant should also provide all previous passports and/or travel documents that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave.
does that mean you dont have to send previous passports which you havent used to travel to uk... or in other words a passport that doesnt contain any uk travel document??

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:05 pm

Abhijack,

You need not provide the passport which is not used for travelling to UK

NNJ10

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:29 pm

I think the operative part here is the "which shows his/her current leave" rather than the old passport itself which may or may not have a UK VISA
The applicant should also provide all previous passports and/or travel documents that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer