ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Good character requirement help please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation Good character requirement help please

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:12 pm

Hi , please if anyone can help me with couple of questions. I am filling out the Naturalization form and stuck at the driving and criminal conviction page. so here is what i had

My Driving license was revoked after speeding fines in 2013 and after it was all cleared i got my full new UK license again (Theory+practical) in 2017 and now it does not show any convictions online on gov website.

I was accused of a criminal offence in 2021 which was later proven to be false and all charges against me were dropped as police investigation cleared me of any wrong doing.

Now please if anyone can guide me if i should declare them both. i do not remember the details about driving license fully (dates) and it was almost10 years ago . And for police matter, the form page says "criminal conviction" and i was never convicted of anything.

"Note : i am ashamed of my behavior's while driving when younger. i was careless and going through tough times and bad company, since getting my license again i have not commited a single offence and turned my life around"

Kind regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation Good character requirement help please

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:41 am

Odd-Ordinary8417 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:12 pm
Hi , please if anyone can help me with couple of questions. I am filling out the Naturalization form and stuck at the driving and criminal conviction page. so here is what i had

My Driving license was revoked after speeding fines in 2013 and after it was all cleared i got my full new UK license again (Theory+practical) in 2017 and now it does not show any convictions online on gov website.

I was accused of a criminal offence in 2021 which was later proven to be false and all charges against me were dropped as police investigation cleared me of any wrong doing.

Now please if anyone can guide me if i should declare them both. i do not remember the details about driving license fully (dates) and it was almost10 years ago . And for police matter, the form page says "criminal conviction" and i was never convicted of anything.

"Note : i am ashamed of my behavior's while driving when younger. i was careless and going through tough times and bad company, since getting my license again i have not commited a single offence and turned my life around"

Kind regards
You may not have the full details at hand however still declare them and no impact on your application. One can get dome for deception if not declared even though it ordinary should not influence application outcome negatively.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:42 am

I agree with the driving offense, declare it. But the criminal charges doesn't need to be declared. The minute the police cleared you of it, it was as if it never happened.

No case to answer.

Innocent until proven guilty.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Chilli_garlicsauce
Newly Registered
Belize

Post by Chilli_garlicsauce » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:40 am

My understanding is that, findings of innocence (such as acquittals, NFAs, quashing of charges) do not need to be declared as by declaring them, you would be doubting your own character. As ticktack has stated, you have NO case to answer.

The driving offence on the other hand obviously needs declaring as that is a tangible disposal resulting from an infarction.