ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions in BC application for new born.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SaurabhT
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Questions in BC application for new born.

Post by SaurabhT » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:58 pm

Hi All,
My wife and I just got our ILR and had a new born in mid July 2023. I am in the process of filling MN1 form for my newly born son and have come across some peculiar questions in the form for which I need your help:
1) One of the sections asks about child's nationality - what should I mention there as I believe I don't have to apply for son's Indian passport. Should I mention Indian per his parent's nationality or British since he is born in the UK which sounds wrong to me as I am applying for his BC?
2) Another section asks for travel document/passport for the applicant which I don't have for the new born as I don't have to apply Indian passport and yet to apply for British passport post his citizenship?
3) When I select 'No' for the question - 'Do you have passport? What should write in section where it asks for a reason for not having applicant's passport?
Thank you all for you help!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Questions in BC application for new born.

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:12 pm

SaurabhT wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:58 pm
Hi All,
My wife and I just got our ILR and had a new born in mid July 2023. I am in the process of filling MN1 form for my newly born son and have come across some peculiar questions in the form for which I need your help:
1) One of the sections asks about child's nationality - what should I mention there as I believe I don't have to apply for son's Indian passport. Should I mention Indian per his parent's nationality or British since he is born in the UK which sounds wrong to me as I am applying for his BC?Put Indian as you are Indian. Child is not British until registered as such.
2) Another section asks for travel document/passport for the applicant which I don't have for the new born as I don't have to apply Indian passport and yet to apply for British passport post his citizenship?select no - child has no passport.
3) When I select 'No' for the question - 'Do you have passport? What should write in section where it asks for a reason for not having applicant's passport? Suggest you explain the facts, newborn unlikely to have passport immediately. Not an issue.
Thank you all for you help!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

SaurabhT
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by SaurabhT » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:12 pm

Thanks mate, for your prompt response.

SaurabhT
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

British Citizenship for UK born child prior to parent's settlement

Post by SaurabhT » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:50 pm

Hi All,
My son was born in mid July'23 and we got our settled status (ILR) on 29th Sep'23, hence he is not British by birth and needs to be registered as British citizen first before applying for the passport.
I have started to fill MN1 form to register him for BC. However, I have come across some of sections/questions where I need your help to guide me:
1) Country of Nationality - In nationality details section, it asks about child's nationality. What nationality should I mention there, my i.e. parent's nationality (India) as my son is just born and doesn't hold any passport to specify his nationality?
2) Do you have a valid passport? - I've mentioned 'No' in this section as he doesn't have a passport yet which I can only apply upon him getting BC. Then another section asks me to provide a reason as to why you are unable to provide a valid form of identification. My query is - should I mention that the he is born in July'23 and yet to apply for passport upon getting BC or something else? This section doesn't ask for birth certificate as form of identification.
3) Address details - This section asks when the applicant started living at the current address which would be from his birth i.e. July 2023 and next question comes, if the applicant has lived at the address provided for 5 years or not? If I select 'No' then it asks previous addresses which doesn't hole true for a newly born? What should I do?
4) Referee - Is it mandatory to provide the details of one of the referees with professional standing for newly born as well because he doesn't go to nursery yet so no teacher, GPs don't provide the referee details then how would I fill this section?
Thank you members for your quick help!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Citizenship for UK born child prior to parent's settlement

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:58 pm

Please keep your posts in one thread only - this one - I have moved your last post here ...makes it easier to moderate and respond if we have the full picture ... I think I answered some of this already ....
SaurabhT wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:50 pm
Hi All,
My son was born in mid July'23 and we got our settled status (ILR) on 29th Sep'23, hence he is not British by birth and needs to be registered as British citizen first before applying for the passport.
I have started to fill MN1 form to register him for BC. However, I have come across some of sections/questions where I need your help to guide me:
1) Country of Nationality - In nationality details section, it asks about child's nationality. What nationality should I mention there, my i.e. parent's nationality (India) as my son is just born and doesn't hold any passport to specify his nationality?
Parents nationality - whether child has passport or not.
2) Do you have a valid passport? - I've mentioned 'No' in this section as he doesn't have a passport yet which I can only apply upon him getting BC. Then another section asks me to provide a reason as to why you are unable to provide a valid form of identification. My query is - should I mention that the he is born in July'23 and yet to apply for passport upon getting BC or something else? This section doesn't ask for birth certificate as form of identification.
Just state he was born in July so not time to get passport. Nothing to do with him to be registered as BC.
3) Address details - This section asks when the applicant started living at the current address which would be from his birth i.e. July 2023 and next question comes, if the applicant has lived at the address provided for 5 years or not? If I select 'No' then it asks previous addresses which doesn't hole true for a newly born? What should I do?
Caseworkers will know child is only a few months old - just fill in same address for 5 years - won't be an issue
4) Referee - Is it mandatory to provide the details of one of the referees with professional standing for newly born as well because he doesn't go to nursery yet so no teacher, GPs don't provide the referee details then how would I fill this section?
That is a normal requirement - don't you have a health visitor who could help? Alternatively find "normal" referees (as you would use for adults.
Thank you members for your quick help!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

SaurabhT
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by SaurabhT » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:43 pm

Thank you for your reaponse.
Can you also advice what document of identity I could submit in the absence of child's passport? As one the document checklist says that you must provide an identity proof like travel document or idenity card?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:49 pm

Well you haven't got one so can't provide.
Suggest the nearest is the birth certificate which has to be provided anyway.