ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Extension - Timeline & Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jkkarthik
Newly Registered
India

FLR (M) Extension - Timeline & Documents

Post by jkkarthik » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:17 pm

HI,

My wife & Kids FLR(M) visa is expring on last week of Nov. I have below queries. can someone help me.

1. To extend the FLR (M) visa, I was told to submit the application before it expiry. I saw the option apply for the extension 28 days before the expiry. Is this application submission or Biometric enrollment?

I thought of submitting the application on 2nd Oct and book the biometric appointment within the 28 day period.So I can avoid paying more for increased application fee. Is it possible, will I get the same 2.5 year extension (to meet the 5 year requirement).

My wife was previously holding Tier 2 Dependent visa. so even if less than 5 years in FLR(M), will this Tier 2 Dependent period of stay in UK will be considered for ILR application.

2. When we apply for FLR(M), we have uploaded the NARIC certificate to prove her english language requirement. Can I use the same document. In the Gov site, it is mentioned for the Extension we need to pass A2 Level test. If we upload the same NARIC Certificate, will it be considered for A2 Level or do we need to write the A2 Level exam.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Extension - Timeline & Documents

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:43 am

jkkarthik wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:17 pm
HI,

My wife & Kids FLR(M) visa is expring on last week of Nov. I have below queries. can someone help me.

1. To extend the FLR (M) visa, I was told to submit the application before it expiry. I saw the option apply for the extension 28 days before the expiry. Is this application submission or Biometric enrollment?

I thought of submitting the application on 2nd Oct and book the biometric appointment within the 28 day period.So I can avoid paying more for increased application fee. Is it possible, will I get the same 2.5 year extension (to meet the 5 year requirement).

indefinite-leave-to-remain/advice-relat ... l#p2110176

My wife was previously holding Tier 2 Dependent visa. so even if less than 5 years in FLR(M), will this Tier 2 Dependent period of stay in UK will be considered for ILR application. No, clock reset to 0 when she switched

2. When we apply for FLR(M), we have uploaded the NARIC certificate to prove her english language requirement. Can I use the same document. In the Gov site, it is mentioned for the Extension we need to pass A2 Level test. If we upload the same NARIC Certificate, will it be considered for A2 Level or do we need to write the A2 Level exam. It will be accepted

jkkarthik
Newly Registered
India

Post by jkkarthik » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:46 pm

Thanks @AmazonianX for your response.

Also can you please help me clarify my other query.

My wife's current FLR (M) visa issued on 25th May 2021 and expires on 25th Nov 2023. To extend the Visa, Can I submit early for example today and have the biometric done within the 28 days period, will the extension considered from 25th Nov 2023 for 30 months or from the day, I submit the visa extension (for example 2nd Oct).

Previously I have submitted the application on 21st Apri 2021 and got the Biometric completed on 19th May.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:21 am

jkkarthik wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:46 pm

My wife's current FLR (M) visa issued on 25th May 2021 and expires on 25th Nov 2023. To extend the Visa, Can I submit early for example today and have the biometric done within the 28 days period, will the extension considered from 25th Nov 2023 for 30 months or from the day, I submit the visa extension (for example 2nd Oct).

Previously I have submitted the application on 21st Apri 2021 and got the Biometric completed on 19th May.
You can apply now and book biometrics appointment for after the date she is qualified.
Remember some fees go up by 4th October, 2023.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am

jkkarthik wrote:

Technically, you don't exactly qualify or not qualify for an extension (Further leave to remain). It's a case of half empty - half full. You can apply for an extension at any time.
The dilemma is to try not to renew too early, so that you don't have a shortfall when it's time to apply for ILR at the end of 60 months.

So you can apply now, and just do standard processing. That would give you an extra 8-12 weeks before it comes out.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

jkkarthik
Newly Registered
India

Post by jkkarthik » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:03 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:21 am
jkkarthik wrote:

You can apply now and book biometrics appointment for after the date she is qualified.
Remember some fees go up by 4th October, 2023.

Thanks you so much. Reason for submitting the application early to save some money. Thanks for your help in clarifying all my queries.

jkkarthik
Newly Registered
India

Post by jkkarthik » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:04 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am
jkkarthik wrote:

Technically, you don't exactly qualify or not qualify for an extension (Further leave to remain). It's a case of half empty - half full. You can apply for an extension at any time.
The dilemma is to try not to renew too early, so that you don't have a shortfall when it's time to apply for ILR at the end of 60 months.

So you can apply now, and just do standard processing. That would give you an extra 8-12 weeks before it comes out.

Thanks you so much. I am planning to submit the application through the standard processing time.will be submitting the application today and book the biometric either 1st or 2nd week of Nov which is within 28 day period.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:08 am

jkkarthik wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:04 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am
jkkarthik wrote:

Thanks you so much. I am planning to submit the application through the standard processing time.will be submitting the application today and book the biometric either 1st or 2nd week of Nov which is within 28 day period.
And with standard processing times your application should go through with no shortfall towards ILR.