ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UC claim and wife on spouse visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sshah20
Pakistan

UC claim and wife on spouse visa

Post by sshah20 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:16 pm

Hi all,

I asking on behalf of friend. His wife is on spouse visa. He recently started claiming UC. Wife clearly mentioned few times to the officials in job centre that she is on spouse and has NRPF but still she has been asked to accept claim commitment (which she did) and attend job centre appointments and look for work.

I think they are treating her same as a person with ILR or BC which will be a big issue when she apply for extention and home office may refuse her application.

Anyone please advice what to do?

Regards

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: UC claim and wife on spouse visa

Post by JB007 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:06 am

sshah20 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:16 pm

I think they are treating her same as a person with ILR or BC which will be a big issue when she apply for extention and home office may refuse her application.

Anyone please advice what to do?

Regards
Have a read of this article (updated June 2023)
"Carlos Hagi works in the Welfare Benefits Expert Advice Team at Citizens Advice, with thanks to input from John Donkersley, Immigration Expert."