ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - Mistake being made when filling up the form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Blessing-2023
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

British Citizenship - Mistake being made when filling up the form

Post by Blessing-2023 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:36 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have submitted the citizenship application for my 2 children, both of them are under 18, through MN1. They currently hold indefinite leave to remain, and prior to that, they were under the tier 2 dependant category. In the application form, there is a specific question as below:

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Unfortunately, I misunderstood the term "immigration application" as the "citizenship application", and as a result, I incorrectly answered "No." Upon further consideration, I now realize that the correct answer should indeed be "Yes."

I have already paid the application fees, and my appointment with UKVCAS is scheduled for next week. I would greatly appreciate your advice on how to rectify this mistake. Your advice on this matter would be immensely valuable. Thank you in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship - Mistake being made when filling up the form

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:03 pm

Blessing-2023 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:36 pm
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have submitted the citizenship application for my 2 children, both of them are under 18, through MN1. They currently hold indefinite leave to remain, and prior to that, they were under the tier 2 dependant category. In the application form, there is a specific question as below:

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Unfortunately, I misunderstood the term "immigration application" as the "citizenship application", and as a result, I incorrectly answered "No." Upon further consideration, I now realize that the correct answer should indeed be "Yes."

I have already paid the application fees, and my appointment with UKVCAS is scheduled for next week. I would greatly appreciate your advice on how to rectify this mistake. Your advice on this matter would be immensely valuable. Thank you in advance.
Write a short note addressing the error and state right option. Take along to biometrics appointment for upload.

CosmosS
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship - Mistake being made when filling up the form

Post by CosmosS » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:17 pm

This question if answered with a Yes invites you to record the details of every single UK immigration application you have made.

It asks for the following information each time you add an application.

Name in which you made the application

Date of application, if known

Enter your reference number if known.

Was this application made in the UK?

Were your fingerprints taken as part of this application?

Date fingerprints were taken, if known

I would do a word document containing the details above for every immigration application they made in chronological order, along with a short cover letter explaining the mistake. Upload this as a PDF to UKVCAS prior to submission. If you already submitted, take it to the appointment with you so they can upload it.