ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COULD THIS BE A CLUE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

COULD THIS BE A CLUE

Post by iyanu » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:21 pm

IS IT TRUE TO THINK THAT WHENEVER YOU RECEIVE A REFERENCE NUMBER WITH EXTENSION MAY MEAN THAT YOUR APPLICATION IS REJECTED OR APPROVED. FOR EXAMPLE:

0234XXX/01 - REFUSAL AND NEED TO APPEAL

0234XXXX - APPROVAL

CAN MEMBERS COMMENT ON THIS OBSERVATION FOR CONFIRMATION PLEASE.

THIS CAN ALSO GO ALONG WAY IN HELPING HSMP APPLICANTS TO PERCEIVE THE OUTCOME BEFORE THE DECISION LETTER IS RECEIVED.

GOT WHAT I MEAN?

IYANU :(
Last edited by iyanu on Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guest 000

Code

Post by guest 000 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:48 pm

Have U gotten your decision letter - cause it will stated boldly on your letter whether your application was approved or not.

All the best

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:25 pm

NO GUEST 000.

I GOT MY REFERENCE SENT TO ME NOT DECISION LETTER YET.

JUST TELL ME IF YOUR REFERENCE IS OF THIS FORMAT

123XXX/0X OR 123XXX (NO EXTN.).

AND NOTE IF APPROVE OR NOT.

I SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIGURE THINGS OUT WHEN THREE OR FOUR PEOPLE RESPOND CORRECTLY.

HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY GIST.

THANKS.

guest 000

code

Post by guest 000 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:54 pm

The reference number is the number U would quote when corresponding with the Home office and I believe it can come in any form.

It does not signal an approval or otherwise(my opinion).Maybe urs is the new reference type.

Try calling and quote the reference number. Ur decision letter will provide the missing link

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:12 pm

YAH QUEST000, I UNDERSTAND ALL THESE YOU MENTIONED.

JUST GIVE ME UR REFERENCE NUMBER FORMAT IF YOU HAVE AND TELL ME IF IT WAS APPROVED OR NOT.

PLEASE!!!!!

YOU NEVER CAN TELL JUST LETZ DO IT.

THANKS.

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:25 pm

Iyanu,
go easy on the caps please. If you look at the excel file in the sticky above, you will see that all the people who got rejected have normal ref numbers. As a matter of fact, I wonder where you got these new extra digit reference from, I have never heard about them
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: COULD THIS BE A CLUE

Post by f2k » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:16 pm

iyanu wrote:IS IT TRUE TO THINK THAT WHENEVER YOU RECEIVE A REFERENCE NUMBER WITH EXTENSION MAY MEAN THAT YOUR APPLICATION IS REJECTED OR APPROVED. FOR EXAMPLE:

0234XXX/01 - REFUSAL AND NEED TO APPEAL

0234XXXX - APPROVAL

CAN MEMBERS COMMENT ON THIS OBSERVATION FOR CONFIRMATION PLEASE.

THIS CAN ALSO GO ALONG WAY IN HELPING HSMP APPLICANTS TO PERCEIVE THE OUTCOME BEFORE THE DECISION LETTER IS RECEIVED.

GOT WHAT I MEAN?

IYANU :(
stop trying to read too much into the reference number, most number, infact all that i have seen on this forum have no 'extension'. it could be that there is now a new way of giving out reference number. One thing you need to remember is that they give you a reference number as soon as your payment clears and when they log your case onto file, thats b4 they even look at your documents, there really would be no need to send out reference numbers out, if like you are thinkgin, they first process the case, then give you a reference number and then sit on on file for 9 months