ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR, work permit and break in employment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vpremsundar
Newly Registered

ILR, work permit and break in employment

Post by vpremsundar » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:25 am

I would be grateful if someone could help us out. My wife was on a work permit from 10/02/2004( visa valid till 09/02/2008). due to personel circumstances she resigned her job on the 6/11/2006 and started a new job in february 2007( gap of of about 90 days) with work permit issued on the 23/112/2006 valid till 2012). My query is will she be eligible to apply for ILR in feb 2009 or is there any giudence with regards to duration of break in employment ( both the employent with the NHS). Any advice gratefully recieved.
Prem

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:25 pm

Hello,
Yes,
If the information you provide is correct then she got the new work permit within the 28 days (almost).
The gap in employment is not as problematic as the gap in entry clearance, in her case there is no major issue with the visa/entry clearance as she got the new work permit almost within 28 days of resigning.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

vpremsundar
Newly Registered

Post by vpremsundar » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:46 pm

thanks try- one, there has been a typo error, the work permit was issued on the 23/12/2006 that makes it about 49 days, will that be an issue, thank you for your reply once again.