ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband Visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ahmd_64
United Kingdom

Husband Visa

Post by Ahmd_64 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:50 pm

Dear Seniors,

My friend came in UK as a dependent/EU Scheme Visa. Her sister is Italian National and on her base she got EU Scheme-Pre Settlement visa. now my friend wants to bring her husband in UK. Her husband is living in Pakistan. What is the requirement/policy? Please share her so i can tell her. I could not find it.

Thanks.

secret.simon

Re: Husband Visa

Post by secret.simon » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:18 pm

As she is a non-EEA dependent of an EEA citizen, she can't sponsor her husband until after she gets Settled Status.

After she gets Settled Status, she will need to meet the same requirements as the sponsor of a spouse of any British citizen; minimum income requirement of £18,600, the husband to have minimum A1 English requirements, etc.

Her husband can of course join her on a visa that he qualifies for himself; sponsored work visa, etc
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.