ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for naturalisation soon - cheklist

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leondj

Applying for naturalisation soon - cheklist

Post by leondj » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:07 pm

Hello All,

This forum is brilliant! I have been able to find answers to so many questions by just reading through all the posts. I am about to apply for British naturalisation and just have a few points I am not sure about. Any help would be appreciated.

I am a South African citizen and received my ILR on the 19th of March 2008. So I am looking to apply for naturalisation on the 19th of March 2009 through my local NCS in Brent. My questions are:

1. I was on holiday for a month from 08/04/2004. So keeping in mind that I had to be in the country 5 years before the application is received by the home office and I send it on 19/03/2009 will they definitely receive it by 07/04/2009? Looking at the time lines it should be OK providing everything is fine on the first day at the NCS and I don't need to provide any more documents. Could I maybe go a few days before the 19th and the NSC will just submit the application on the 19th?

2. I would like to keep my South African citizenship. So I would need to first ask for a letter from the home office stating that I have not yet applied for British citizenship and then make an appointment at the South Africa house in London and take this letter with me. They will then issue me with another letter that I need to send in with my naturalisation application? Is that correct? Does anyone know how long this process will take more or less?

3. I am currently the sole director of my limited company. This is different than being self employed. What sort of proof would they be looking for as financial activity for the application?

4. For a referee would someone who is the director of their own limited company and a friend who is a project manager be sufficient?

5. I am looking to go travel for a few months after I have lodged my application. I will first wait for the receipt of acknowledgement before I go and will get a friend to keep checking my mail for letters with any updates or approval/rejection ( :shock: ) letters. Does that seem reasonable or is there any reason I should stick around for the complete 6-9 months of the application?

Thanks for any feedback on the above issues...