ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Employment Permit Move Timing Restrictiosn

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

USANick
Newly Registered
United States of America

General Employment Permit Move Timing Restrictiosn

Post by USANick » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:39 pm

I was recently granted a General Employment Permit. I am not from a Visa Required Country so I don't need to apply for a visa to enter Ireland. However, I would like to take the next 2 months to arrange my affiars before I move. Am I at any risk of waiting too long and not being allowed into the country to live/work?

I can't find any information relating to a restriction. But I wanted to know if anyone else knew of one!

Appreciate any advice.

Nick

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Re: General Employment Permit Move Timing Restrictiosn

Post by User20123 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:30 am

It is contingent upon the duration for which the GEP was granted. For instance, if your employment period starts today and continues for the subsequent six months, and you report for work after only two months, you will only have the GEP for four months. However, this only applies if your services with the employer have formally commenced and you were granted permission to work remotely prior to your arrival in the country.

Regardless, your best course of action is to contact your employer (if they submitted the application on your behalf) or, if you submitted the application directly, the INIS services, as they can confirm the same over the email.

USANick
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by USANick » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:36 pm

Thank you for the advice!

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:38 pm

Also, delays are common - people wait for 6+ months for their visa to be issued, unfortunately. ISD should be well aware of issues.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.