ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Ukrainian Family Scheme to another visa type

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Youngbeard

Switching from Ukrainian Family Scheme to another visa type

Post by Youngbeard » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:20 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much reading my message first of all.

I would like to ask if someone knows if People on Ukrainian Family Scheme ( its my mom) are permitted to switch to another type of visa? without leaving the country ? And how hard that would be?

I have done some research but only found info about those Ukrainians who were in the UK right before the war and immediately after the war has started and nothing about those who came to UK on Ukrainian Family Scheme Visa.

Thanks

Youngbeard

Re: Switching from Ukrainian Family Scheme to another visa type

Post by Youngbeard » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:04 pm

Is there someone who knows this?

Youngbeard

Post by Youngbeard » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:50 pm

hellloooooo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:54 pm

If people are not responding its because they don't know.

We would use the same ukvi online resources you have likely already looked at.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:09 pm

Before answering the question - is there a reason why your mum wishes to switch out of the Ukraine Family Scheme? Is your mother Ukrainian or another nationality?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:33 pm

And what type of visa would you mean? Student visa? Work visa?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Youngbeard

Post by Youngbeard » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:38 pm

Thanks very much for replying !
Sorry for being persistent.
She is Ukrainian national and she is on Family scheme visa as I have dual nationality.

She could switch to work visa ? Apply for some work visa ( without leaving the country )?

The family scheme visa is due to expire in May 2025 and she will not be able to stay longer ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:09 am

May 2025 is still 18 months away
It's probably likely that the the rules would be amended so that people on the Ukraine scheme are allowed to extend under that scheme, otherwise there will be thousands of people who suddenly need to find another category to switch into or return home, but no announcements have been made about this yet. Ukraine scheme is more preferential than almost any other immigration category, so it's not advisable to be switching out of it unless absolutely necessary

As another poster has said there's many categories she could switch into if she met the criteria, but the question is why would she at this point?

Youngbeard

Post by Youngbeard » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:39 am

Why would she need to switch ??

We suspect it will not be extended and the people will be requested to GO BACK
as there was government answer :

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/642280

All other family members live in the UK so far for many years and the only member my mom - lived in Ukraine
( she had a job and life and everything was OK before the war ) as soon as the war started she came here and we think she could stay with us.

Youngbeard

Post by Youngbeard » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:49 am

Is there any opinion regarding this ?

Youngbeard

Post by Youngbeard » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:14 am

So she has lost her card and applied for replacement and she was issued replacement card and the " NEW " replacement card - VISA was already until 31/12/2024 - ( which is 4 months shorter ) than the original card.

THE GOVERNMENT CLEARLY is showing the plans to be implemented.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:20 am

This...has absolutely no relevance to her visa status and it's given like this to everyone?
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem
You do not need to tell UKVI if your BRP expires on 31 December 2024 but your immigration status (for example, your visa) allows you to stay longer.

You will not need a BRP from 1 January 2025. You’ll be able to prove your immigration status online, without a BRP.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

RomanHere
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by RomanHere » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:46 pm

All Ukrainians in the UK are granted a 3-year Biometric residence permit. After 3 years the only way to extend your stay is Ukraine Extension Scheme. It has some limits on who can apply, but most likely all Ukrainians will be able to prolong their stay with it.

The only issue is that it clearly says you won't be able to count these years for your settlement application. This means after 6 years in total all Ukrainians will need to leave the UK...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-to-st ... ion-scheme
You may not be able to count any time you spend in the UK on this visa in a future application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK (also known as ‘settlement’)

Meanwhile, I found a job here and my wife started a small business. It is hard to imagine that after 4.5 years we will lose our permit to live here and will need to leave the job and close the business.
The funniest part is that I have a good salary and a 40% tax rate, so in theory, the UK should want to keep me here receiving my taxes.