ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fee waiver & Priority

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fluidic0
Newly Registered
Guyana

Fee waiver & Priority

Post by Fluidic0 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:40 pm

Hello. Does anyone know if you can pay for priority service if you receive a full visa fee waiver?

I cannot afford circa £4300 for the BRP renewal and IHS, but I can afford £500 or £800 for the priority service and for the sake of my mental health which is very low and having to wait possibly over a year for a decision would just send me into a further downward spiral.

Thank you

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Fee waiver & Priority

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:34 pm

Ability pay the full amount due assumes you are virtually destitute hence fee waiver. So being able to pay for priority service suggests you are unlikely to meet the requirements to be considered for fee waiver. The two things are mutually exclusive.

Fluidic0
Newly Registered
Guyana

Post by Fluidic0 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:24 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. Does this mean that if I am granted the fee waiver and proceed to payment with the fee waiver code that I will not be offered a priority service option?

I understand the fact that if I cannot pay the visa fee it would seem strange that I can pay the priority fee. I just wondered if anyone had been in this situation before and what the outcome was.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:01 am

Fluidic0 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:24 pm
Thank you so much for your reply. Does this mean that if I am granted the fee waiver and proceed to payment with the fee waiver code that I will not be offered a priority service option?

I understand the fact that if I cannot pay the visa fee it would seem strange that I can pay the priority fee. I just wondered if anyone had been in this situation before and what the outcome was.
Fee waiver means you become destitute if you paid for the visa or have no money even if you was given fee waiver then you are exempt to pay you cant pay for priority service.

It will look like your trying to take advantage thats how they will see it priority service is only for full paying customers who have paid for the application.

Just be greatful that if you was accepted for fee waiver.

I never applied for fee waiver for the past 3 application but only did for the 4th application for my wifes visa extension 10 year router to ILR which was accepted.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:39 am

As a rule, fee waiver is only available for human rights based applications on the 10 year route.

Human rights applications are generally not considered suitable for priority anyway, as they are subject to greater scrutiny.

So, even if you had the funds, I am not sure that priority is an option that is available and, even if available, not suitable for your application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.