ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) / (FP) Change of circumstances. Help please!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fluidic0
Newly Registered
Guyana

FLR (M) / (FP) Change of circumstances. Help please!

Post by Fluidic0 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:32 pm

Hello
Bit of background - I was on a 10 year article 8 BRP from November 2014. I did a renewal in 2017 and another one n 2020. When I did my 2020 renewal the home office said they would put me on a 10 year partner route because I had been living with an unmarried British partner with whom I had a child in 2018.

In April 2021 our relationship broke down and I moved into my own place. We co-parent 50/50. I wrote to the change of circumstances department of the home office soon after I moved into my own place. After hearing nothing I sent a further copy of my change of circumstances form around July 2021. Another few months passed with no news so I tried to call the home office and the guy told me I just have to wait to hear back. I left it and continued living, working, and parenting as normal.

It is now time for me to renew my BRP. I applied for a fee waiver July as my BRP was expiring 6th August. I’ve just had a request for further information today, which I’ve already sent back.

I decided I’d start filling out the renewal application form while I wait for the fee waiver decision. I have two options - 10 year parent route and 10 year right to private and family life route.

I am now a little bit panicked because I’ve read that I should have had my partner route brp curtailed and applied for the parent route when my relationship broke down. I did not realise this and thought I would proceed as advised once the home office replied to my change of circumstances form, but they never did!

Any ideas what kind of problems this might cause me? Also would it be best to go for the parent or private life route? I cannot afford a solicitor to assist so anyone with any experiences to share, I’d really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Salute
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: FLR (M) / (FP) Change of circumstances. Help please!

Post by Salute » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:40 am

I think all you need to do is wait for the fee waiver code and use it for another parent route but I hope the home office will clarify if your immigration status will reset to zero and you have to start another 10 years route as the mother of a British child. I wish you all the best.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:31 am

Salute wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:40 am
home office will clarify if your immigration status will reset to zero and you have to start another 10 years route as the mother of a British child.
Wouldn't SET(LR) be applicable here as it's almost 10 years of lawful residence since OP got their status?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:25 pm

OP can take whatever route HO throws OP's way. It doesn't matter. OP qualifies for ILR in November 2024 SET LR as rightly stated above.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Fluidic0
Newly Registered
Guyana

Post by Fluidic0 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:30 pm

Thanks everyone for your responses. I’m hoping to be able to apply for ILR next year, but I I’ll wait to see what HO says as you just never know!