ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Biometric residency card expired

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dozz
Newly Registered
Nigeria

EU Biometric residency card expired

Post by Dozz » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:31 am

Hi all, I am a non-EU married to EU partner and was issued a 5 year BRC in 2018 which expired this month on the 17th. I had no idea it has expire and I have not applied for my settlement status.
I have a pre settlement status online which will expire june 2024. What should I do now please. Is it possible to apply for a settled status now my BRC has expired? What can I do

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EU Biometric residency card expired

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:36 am

There are two aspects to your post:

1. Your BRC expiring > you need a valid BRC to be able to prove right of work, rent, etc

2. Applying for full Settled Status > you can't apply before the five years is completed. In that context please also have at look at this link: https://the3million.org.uk/changes-to-p ... extensions . the3million group campaigns on behalf of EU citizens and their non-EU family members. There's also a lot of other useful material on their website. As your current status expires in June 2024 you have some time left (but don't forget!).

For a new BRC card start here: https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card/replace
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:05 am

Dozz wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:31 am
Hi all, I am a non-EU married to EU partner and was issued a 5 year BRC in 2018 which expired this month on the 17th. I had no idea it has expire and I have not applied for my settlement status.
I have a pre settlement status online which will expire june 2024. What should I do now please. Is it possible to apply for a settled status now my BRC has expired? What can I do
You can apply for SS in May 2024! just a month before your current status expires, if granted you will receive a new BRP.

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:16 pm

Dozz wrote:
Hi there,

If your 5 year BRC expired in November then it means you've reached the 5 years to qualify for Settled status that's if of course you've maintained your continuous residence during the 5 years.

You don't need to wait until June 2024 to apply for settled status even if your pre-settled status expires then as long as you can show that you've been in the UK for 5 continuous years.

I think your next step is to apply for Settled status. The Home Office are able to check online that you have Pre-settled status anyway.
You only need your BRC if you're travelling, applying to jobs, renting etc.

Goodluck!

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:38 pm

seekingadvice87 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:16 pm
Dozz wrote:
Hi there,

If your 5 year BRC expired in November then it means you've reached the 5 years to qualify for Settled status that's if of course you've maintained your continuous residence during the 5 years.

You don't need to wait until June 2024 to apply for settled status even if your pre-settled status expires then as long as you can show that you've been in the UK for 5 continuous years.

I think your next step is to apply for Settled status. The Home Office are able to check online that you have Pre-settled status anyway.
You only need your BRC if you're travelling, applying to jobs, renting etc.

Goodluck!
That’s true too! Likely you will be able to apply earlier