ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surname Incorrect

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mustoor
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Surname Incorrect

Post by Mustoor » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:41 pm

My full name: Pxxxxx Rxxxx Mxxxx
Name displayed on my certificates: Pxxxxx Rxxxxx M

As you can see my surname in my certificates is NOT displayed fully.
Will NARIC/Home office raise any concern about this as my surname is NOT exactly matched with my Name in Passport?
Do I need to provide any other documents to prove my surname?

Mustoor
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Surname Incorrect

Post by Mustoor » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:18 pm

Mustoor wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:41 pm
My full name: Pxxxxx Rxxxx Mxxxx
Name displayed on my certificates: Pxxxxx Rxxxxx M

As you can see my surname in my certificates is NOT displayed fully.
Will NARIC/Home office raise any concern about this as my surname is NOT exactly matched with my Name in Passport?
Do I need to provide any other documents to prove my surname?

Question 2: I have applied for Skilled visa saying I am going to submit the NARIC certificates for my English qualification. As I have the above issue, will it be ok if I write IELTS and submit it as the English proof even after I have mentioned that I am going to submit the NARIC English certificate. Will the UKBA have any problem?

Question 3: While doing my Biometrics for the Visa application, can I request them to change my English language certificate from NARIC to IELTS and submit?
[

AliJaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by AliJaf » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:54 pm

The only workaround I can see here is upload the PDF yourself and combine both certificates in one file, let them figure which they like.

Also the initial instead of surname is odd, it is very common in the UK for most companies to shorten your first and middle name with only initials but not surname.

If you still want to upload only one no other document/ additional proof will help (maybe affidavit) but how will they ascertain the correct name with the help of other document unless the issuing authority gives you a letter of clarification.

Mustoor
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mustoor » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:55 pm

Thanks Ali for your reply.
Question 1. You mean affidavit will be accept for the for
Incorrect surname
Question 2. My application already submitted by selecting option as Naric assessment certificate so While doing my Biometrics for the Visa application, can I request them to change my English language certificate from NARIC to IELTS and submit?

AliJaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by AliJaf » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:48 am

Affidavit can be a way (attached with the certificate for added reassurance), not sure if it can work for the Case worker.

I do not know if VFS can change you application at the time of submission, if that is possible that's would probably be the best.

Mustoor
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mustoor » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:59 am

Thanks Ali Jaf for you response.