ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ddv application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ayesha1st
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Ddv application

Post by Ayesha1st » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:55 am

Hy I want to know what if I don't have my g.p record....and when my husband physically hit me I reported to police now .... what if I withdraw police case ? Would it effect my immigration case aswell for IlR on ddvc application.?
I got first 3 months leave to remain till October to 14Jan .... They will apply for indefinite before expiration of my first leave..... would it effect if I withdraw police case from my husband as they are requesting that he is not well something is goin on with his kidney.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Ddv application

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:52 am

The threshold for granting ILR under the domestic violence route is understandably high to avoid abuse. In rare circumstances, such claims were used to circumvent the immigration system and as a way to stay in the UK when it was not appropriate. UKVI will evaluate the evidence and seriousness of the case to see if granting ILR is appropriate. The stronger the evidence, the higher the chance of being granted ILR.

There is an official guide on this. Look for 'Table of evidence' in this guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... olence.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice