ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About correctness of the details of an applicant in a referee's form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

User0981
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

About correctness of the details of an applicant in a referee's form

Post by User0981 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:34 pm

Hello.

A referee's form for a citizenship application says (in 'Referee declaration', with 'I declare and confirm:'): 'That, to the best of my knowledge, the details of the applicant given in this application are correct.'

Could you advise me, please, does it mean that each referee must be provided with a copy of the final application (with another referee's details removed) so that they can look at it before they can sign their referee form?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: About correctness of the details of an applicant in a referee's form

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:59 pm

No they don't need to know every detail. But explain what the application involves.
In my case I briefly explained them what I'm applying for, also told them I'm not showing them the application form (paper in those days). They were happy with that, having known me for many years, in a professional capacity. Clearly the referees need to have known you for at least 3 years to have formed an impression of your character.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: About correctness of the details of an applicant in a referee's form

Post by Ticktack » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:59 pm

User0981 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:34 pm
Hello.

A referee's form for a citizenship application says (in 'Referee declaration', with 'I declare and confirm:'): 'That, to the best of my knowledge, the details of the applicant given in this application are correct.'

Could you advise me, please, does it mean that each referee must be provided with a copy of the final application (with another referee's details removed) so that they can look at it before they can sign their referee form?
It's not that deep. Referee just needs to check name, dob and face, make sure its the true likeness of the person (applicant) in question.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!