ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport number changed during the process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sergio2023
Newly Registered
Spain

Passport number changed during the process

Post by Sergio2023 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:11 pm

Hi all,

EU citizen, applied in August 22, acknowledged in late November 22, invitation to e-vetting in May 23, still waiting for the e-vetting form and long etc - a lot of us are in the same situation, from what I gathered.

Meanwhile I am forced to renew my original passport, and in my case, each time you do it, passport's number changes.

What shall I do, once I have the new one? Do I have to again, as in the initial process, make the colour copies, signed and sealed, send these by post? Is it only the ISD part? Both? None? :D

Hopefully one of us has been through this and can advise me.
TIA!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Passport number changed during the process

Post by meself2 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:19 pm

None for you; nonEU citizens would have to notify ISD.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Sergio2023
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Sergio2023 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:37 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:19 pm
Oh, that's a relief, if so! Thanks for answering!
So we're sure I won't be requested to prove that I am the one and the same? :)

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:57 pm

Sergio2023 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:37 pm
meself2 wrote:
I might be wrong, give me a bit.
UPD: you're okay; just checked my approval letter and there's no mention of passport. For some reason thought it had a passport number.

Next steps (eVetting and ceremony fee payment) require passport number, so they'll be notified.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Sergio2023
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Sergio2023 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:52 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:57 pm
Sergio2023 wrote:
meself2 wrote:
UPD: you're okay; just checked my approval letter and there's no mention of passport. For some reason thought it had a passport number.

Next steps (eVetting and ceremony fee payment) require passport number, so they'll be notified.
Sorry, notified by whom? It's either me notifying them in advance, or just wait until they request me confirm this or that and then just send them my new passport number, which might create confusion in the bureaucracy machine. I apologise, but I'm not sure what you mean by that.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:25 pm

Sergio2023 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:52 pm
meself2 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:57 pm
Sergio2023 wrote:
meself2 wrote:

Sorry, notified by whom? It's either me notifying them in advance, or just wait until they request me confirm this or that and then just send them my new passport number, which might create confusion in the bureaucracy machine. I apologise, but I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Hola Sergio,
After they contact you for eVetting you will need to provide your new passport number with all your other information for the eVetting form. That will then go back to Immigration who should update their records.
Later in the process you will need to give your passport number again and then when they finally invite you to a ceremony you can check that they have updated your passport number correctly.
I hope that my understanding helps to clarify.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:30 pm

Yes, but not quite.

You provide passport number for eVetting, but I'm not sure if you filled out the invitation yet - if yes, it will just go to Garda, if not, you'll provide that with eVetting invitation (I think).

You will also be required to provide your passport details during citizenship certificate payment, so they will have your new passport details.

You won't have a chance to check if they have it on file, unfortunately. But no explicit action is required.

Sergio2023
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Sergio2023 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:09 am

Thank you all for your answers!
Will keep you posted, if anything....

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:53 pm

I found this post elsewhere. It confirms that you don't need to advise a change of passport (just give the new passport details when appropriate).

"my passport expired mid application [] but it didn’t cause any issues, given the new passport matched my name date of birth etc. I attended the October [2023] ceremony without any issues! [] I didn’t do anything and was fine".

Sergio2023
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Sergio2023 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:39 pm

lxk wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:53 pm
I found this post elsewhere. It confirms that you don't need to advise a change of passport (just give the new passport details when appropriate).

"my passport expired mid application [] but it didn’t cause any issues, given the new passport matched my name date of birth etc. I attended the October [2023] ceremony without any issues! [] I didn’t do anything and was fine".
Yeah, interesting, thank you !

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:15 pm

My passport was expired during application process, I even changed my name and surname (little bit), didn't notify them but when paid citizenship fee explained it to them, had no problem

Sergio2023
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Sergio2023 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:55 pm

RCCar wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:15 pm
My passport was expired during application process, I even changed my name and surname (little bit), didn't notify them but when paid citizenship fee explained it to them, had no problem
Great stuff!