ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about permanent residency in Denmark

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Elora
Newly Registered

Questions about permanent residency in Denmark

Post by Elora » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Heya,

I am a Danish citizen, and my American boyfriend is coming for a visit in March. If everything works out as we expect it to in March, the plan is that he will move here permanently soon after. We are not, however, completely sure of the rules.

- Ideally, he would be accepted to a university in September, but we have no idea how difficult that is, let alone how expensive it might be. Does anyone here have any experience with that? He would probably apply for an English line in Molecular Biology at RUC (Roskilde Universitetscenter).

- Does the fact that he will be coming here on a tourist visa first pose any problem? He will go home after a month or so to get his things in order, but is there a time period that has to pass before he can enter the country again?

- As far as we can figure out, he needs to apply for a residence permit from the Danish Embassy in the US at least 3 months prior to (second) arrival. Can he do this without proof of work or study, since he wont know if he has been accepted to his study until June?

- By the time he arrives I will be done with my studies and be working full-time, and he will be living with me. If we are not married (something neither of us are ready for at this point), does he have to be able to provide for himself entirely, despite my income providing enough for the both of us until he become eligible for SU (the state grant)?

- When, if ever -does- he become eligible for SU, since he will be taking a full degree here? Until then, are there any grants available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much in advance :).

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Think this is to wrong place to look for answers....

Post by eldane » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Hello,

Think your question is too "danish immigration rule flavoured" and doubt you will get a precise answer to your very specific questions relating to danish immigration rules.

I would point you to the danish sister site of immigrationboards.com namely http://www.aegteskabudengraenser.dk/phpBB2/

bibob
Newly Registered

Post by bibob » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:58 pm

try