ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsmp extension doubts

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krssubbu

hsmp extension doubts

Post by krssubbu » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:33 am

Hi guyz,

i have posted this topic twice but i have not received any reply. So i am posting it again.
seniors and previous hsmp holder please help me in clearing my doubt.

HSMP requires 12 months payslips. Does it mean it has to be exactly 365 days ?
In my case, my payslips shows earnings start from 31 Dec 2007 - 31st Dec 2008 (instead of 1st dec 2008) - though i did not work on 31st dec 07 and 1st jan 08

My Dec 08 salary came into my account on 5th Jan 09. So i have requested a statement from 1st jan 09 - 6th Jan 09. can i use this as one of my bank statments (12th month) ? (though it is not a full month statement - is it ok?)

Thanks

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:38 pm

senior members and all hsmp holders please help me as i am applying soon.

apart from my previous 2 doubts i have another doubt as well.

My salary usually refelects on the next statement. example nov pay will show up in dec bank statement. likewise my Dec 08 salary falls on 5th Jan 09 statement. So in this case can i just show my Jan statement (12th month bank statement) - not full statement - only 6 days. does it have to be a full month bank statement or is it just enough to how the salary coming in.

also can i use this statement (6 days) for maintaience fund also ?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi KRSSUBBU,

1. ) The guidance notes (see Para. 83), clearly says, you have to specify a full 12 month calendar period for earnings. So in your case it should be, 31-12-07 to 30-12-08 or 01-01-08 to 31-12-08.

However, see para 84 below:

"If an applicant claims for a period of earnings that is more than 12 months we will assess the most recent period of 12 months for which he/she has provided evidence."

So you might get away with claiming 12 months + 1 day.
You can explain your situation in the cover letter.

2) As long as the statements cover full earnings period claimed, it should be alright. The bank statement need not be full calendar month in this case.

NNJ10

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:35 pm

krssubbu wrote:senior members and all hsmp holders please help me as i am applying soon.

apart from my previous 2 doubts i have another doubt as well.

My salary usually refelects on the next statement. example nov pay will show up in dec bank statement. likewise my Dec 08 salary falls on 5th Jan 09 statement. So in this case can i just show my Jan statement (12th month bank statement) - not full statement - only 6 days. does it have to be a full month bank statement or is it just enough to how the salary coming in.

also can i use this statement (6 days) for maintaience fund also ?
Regarding 12 months, please see this from the Guidance notes:
83. All the periods we specify are calendar months (for example 14 January – 13 February).
6 days statement is fine if you are using it to corroborate salary slips etc. used for your earnings.

Yes you can use it for maintenance funs also (3 months)
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:27 am

Thx a lot push_hsmp

i called the hsmp people yesterday but they seem to confuse me. they say we need your 12 months full bank statement to show you are actively employed. (think she thought i was covered under JR) - is this the case for normal extension also - i am not covered under JR since i got my visa in jan 2007.

but as per you think, i can use the 6 days statement for maintence and as my 12th month bank statement. right ?

Thanks a lot push_hmsp. am feeling bit better after hearing your statement.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:48 am

Hi push_hsmp,

i just read this line in the guidance that says

personal bank statements covering the full 12-month earnings period;

just to make sure what i think i also correct - this means they need the statements showing the salary coming into the account for the 12 months earning and not the full 12 month bank account statement? am i correct ?

please correct me if i am wrong

Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:16 am

krssubbu wrote:Thx a lot push_hsmp

i called the hsmp people yesterday but they seem to confuse me. they say we need your 12 months full bank statement to show you are actively employed. (think she thought i was covered under JR) - is this the case for normal extension also - i am not covered under JR since i got my visa in jan 2007.

but as per you think, i can use the 6 days statement for maintence and as my 12th month bank statement. right ?

Thanks a lot push_hmsp. am feeling bit better after hearing your statement.
Which "hsmp people" are you talking about?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:29 am

i meant i called the guyz on 01142074074 (she thought i was covered under the JR i think so and she said she needs full 12 month paylsips to show i am in active employment

So do i take it as not full 12 months bank statements and it is 12 full month earning period shown on bank statements.

And BTW thanks nnj10 for your reply. jsut saw ur post now.

thanks

codkp
Newly Registered

Post by codkp » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:45 am

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for tier 1 extension on 12th Jan. I am under JR but want to apply for tier 1 extension.

I have query regarding maintenance fund.

I am proving only last 3 months bank statement for maintenance fund as
HSBC bank is not providing any letter to stat the minimum balance maintained in last three months.

Is only bank statement enough to show maintenance fund?

Thanks.

Dipesh

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:19 am

Hi,

I called tier 1 ppl yesterday and people were so dup. they could not answere anything. SO i asked for manager.

1. I asked if we need to show english lang requirement if we are already on the HSMP. he said yes. but as per the guidance previous hsmp holders need not submit any english lang requirements.

Do you think we need to show english lang requirment for ppl on hsmp (not covered by JR)

2. also regarding bank statements, he said we need full month but in my case this my visa is running this month end and my statement falls every 31st or 30th, for me the case worker would consider it.
(not covered by JR)

but i take it from you guyz that 6 day statement would be enough. i beleive you guyz more than Tier 1 ppl !!!

Thanks

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:58 am

Usually what they require is mentioned in the guidance document of the application form. I would try and stick to that.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:17 pm

1. also i am using the same 3 months bank statement (out of the 12 months bank statement used for earnings). Do i need to get a letter from Bank also stating my funds are there in account for 3 months ? (my bank statements are original)

2. my payslips are dated at the end of each month (31st of each month) but by the time i get paid its usually 6th or 7th of the following month. will this be a problem ? do i need to expalain in the covering letter. i get paid a week later because thats when my company releases funds onto my account. (i cant get a letter from company for this because they wont give me one)

Thanks