ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport application - Identity check for a 5yo

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

passerby
Newly Registered
France

passport application - Identity check for a 5yo

Post by passerby » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:10 pm

Hi,

My son who is nearly 5 just got his certificate of registration as a British citizen. Now, on to apply for a passport. Can his teacher who has known him for few months certify his identity. it says on gov.uk the certifier has to have known him for 2y at least.

I feel it is going to be difficult. I could check with the neighbours but the professions list is quite restrictive.

Cheers.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: passport application - Identity check for a 5yo

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:53 am

passerby wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:10 pm
Hi,

My son who is nearly 5 just got his certificate of registration as a British citizen. Now, on to apply for a passport. Can his teacher who has known him for few months certify his identity. it says on gov.uk the certifier has to have known him for 2y at least.

I feel it is going to be difficult. I could check with the neighbours but the professions list is quite restrictive.

Cheers.
Yes the teachers can certify his identity. Also note that this is always very difficult to obtain, so don't get vexed if it doesn't go your way. You can also use friends and neighbours. The requirement for 2 years isn't strict with kids. Otherwise, children less than 2 years of age would never be able to get a passport.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!