ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abtan
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation Query

Post by abtan » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:47 pm

Hi,

I have queries for naturalisation application for my wife and Child (under 16 years)

Myself : Naturalised as BC (5 years on Tier 2 General - Main applicant + 1 year ILR route)
Wife: Completed 5 years on Tier 2 general - Main applicant (separate); applied for ILR now.
Child: Completed 5 years as Tier 2 dependent on Wife; Applied for ILR now. Born outside UK.

Query:
1. As the status for Wife is "Married to BC" ; is she eligible to apply for naturalisation immediately after ILR approval ? No waiting for one year time period after getting ILR.
2. If yes for previous query; which form to use ?
3. As the Child will also apply naturalisation along with my wife, Which form to use for him?
4. anything else to be considerate of with the above case ?

Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation Query

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:25 pm

abtan wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:47 pm
Hi,

I have queries for naturalisation application for my wife and Child (under 16 years)

Myself : Naturalised as BC (5 years on Tier 2 General - Main applicant + 1 year ILR route)
Wife: Completed 5 years on Tier 2 general - Main applicant (separate); applied for ILR now.
Child: Completed 5 years as Tier 2 dependent on Wife; Applied for ILR now. Born outside UK.

Query:
1. As the status for Wife is "Married to BC" ; is she eligible to apply for naturalisation immediately after ILR approval ? No waiting for one year time period after getting ILR. Correct.
2. If yes for previous query; which form to use ? Online form AN - there's only one form for naturalisation! https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1697705242
3. As the Child will also apply naturalisation along with my wife, Which form to use for him? Children are registered, naturalisation is for adults. You can add your child at the end of the AN application, the system will adjust to form MN1.
4. anything else to be considerate of with the above case ? Review the AN guidance,most answers are in there: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
and for child the MN1 guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 1-guidance

Useful to know: No original documents are submitted, just scan online. You can travel once you have submitted and paid for the application, plus had your biometrics.

Thanks.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.