ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (O) Form Letters Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ksfatima30
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

ILR Set (O) Form Letters Help

Post by ksfatima30 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:28 pm

Hi all,

I've been reading through this forum for a while to help me complete my ILR form (Set O) and get all my documentation ready for it!

I've filling out the section in regards my absence from the country. Over the last year and a half I was promoted with my company and as a result my role has become a work from home roll with occassional travel required.

Due to my role being work from home and remote, there have been occasions where I have gone on holiday to Paris to visit my parents (they reside there currently) but have worked remotely from theirs instead. When asking my employers to confirm in a letter my absence, will they also need to confirm the periods where I have worked remotely in Paris?

Can I also ask, will I have to cover leave taken over the last 4 and something years of being on my Skilled Worker Visa, or just the last 12 months?

Any help is appreciated!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set (O) Form Letters Help

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:01 pm

There is no specific requirement for such a letter to cover periods of absence. Simply get your sponsor to confirm in the letter that all the periods of absence from work were approved by them. The details of what you did during these periods are not required at all. This is a common misconception, an employer does not need to write to UKVI about what you did during your absences (how can they know ???), that is unreasonable and ridiculous and the rules do not require such a thing.

All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ksfatima30
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ksfatima30 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:03 am

zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:01 pm
There is no specific requirement for such a letter to cover periods of absence. Simply get your sponsor to confirm in the letter that all the periods of absence from work were approved by them. The details of what you did during these periods are not required at all. This is a common misconception, an employer does not need to write to UKVI about what you did during your absences (how can they know ???), that is unreasonable and ridiculous and the rules do not require such a thing.

All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route
Thank you for clarifying this!

So if as an example I had gone to Paris from 1st of August to the 5th of August but only took off the 1st and 2nd of August off from work, would my employer letter need to say that the 3rd and 4th were remote working days?

Also would I need to declare all the periods that I have been away from the UK in the last 5 years or just in the last year.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:11 am

I already told you that you do not need ANY of those details in the letter. There may be an overlap between your absence from work and your absence from the UK, but the employer letter is NOT intended to cover all absences from the UK but just absences from WORK . There is no requirement that a letter needs to mention remote work at all or cover your weekend trips abroad. etc

Read the link I provided, it tells you all that needs to go to the letter :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ksfatima30
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ksfatima30 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:03 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:11 am
I already told you that you do not need ANY of those details in the letter. There may be an overlap between your absence from work and your absence from the UK, but the employer letter is NOT intended to cover all absences from the UK but just absences from WORK . There is no requirement that a letter needs to mention remote work at all or cover your weekend trips abroad. etc

Read the link I provided, it tells you all that needs to go to the letter :!:
Thank you for the help! That helped a lot! Can I ask if there is any issue if my payslip shows a salary sacrifice thus resulting in the gross pay section being less?

My payslip shows salary for the month, salary sacrifice, then it shows my tax and NI deduction.

Then it has a box saying this period which shows my pay after deducting the salary sacrifice for pension

ksfatima30
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ksfatima30 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:04 pm

Any help from the moderators or anyone that knows! Really panicking as I had submitted by visa application today and the solicitor has only raised this now

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:00 pm

Deductions like pension, tax, etc do not matter. The UKVI looks at gross monthly pay