ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office took passport at biometric appointment?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Monserrat

Home office took passport at biometric appointment?

Post by Monserrat » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:20 pm

Hello everyone

I am asking on behalf of my disabled uncle who is extending his visa for the last 2.5 years on his 10 year private life route. He and his wife applied on a fee waiver and had their recourse to public funds condition lifted back in March. Thanks to the advice from members here.

The H.O biometric staff came to his house to do his biometrics as he is unable to do so in person due to his health and disability after a stroke last year. They also asked for both their passports and biometrics which they took with them upon finishing the appointment. They didn't explain why and said they would send receipt of this within some days. I haven't heard that before. Does anyone know or have any experience with this or is this is a new thing now?

I have heard from one or two people from speaking to friends who also left their passports at their in person biometric appointment upon extending their visa. Does anyone know why H.O would be keeping someone's passport or have I missed a change in rules or something?

Many thanks for your time. 🙏