ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for naturalisation and life in UK test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Palmist

Applying for naturalisation and life in UK test

Post by Palmist » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:12 pm

Hi All,

hoping someone can help here with a bit of advice.

Current status: Indefinite Leave to Remain

Been about 10 years with ILR and I have just been lazy with my application for naturalisation.

I am going to apply now but it asks for life in UK test details, I did one ages ago and do not have details of test, all I have is receipt for the test fees but no reference number etc.

Do I need to do a test again before I apply for naturalisation?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for naturalisation and life in UK test

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:40 pm

Palmist wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:12 pm
Hi All,

hoping someone can help here with a bit of advice.

Current status: Indefinite Leave to Remain

Been about 10 years with ILR and I have just been lazy with my application for naturalisation.

I am going to apply now but it asks for life in UK test details, I did one ages ago and do not have details of test, all I have is receipt for the test fees but no reference number etc.

Do I need to do a test again before I apply for naturalisation?
You may want to get and contact the LIUK test organiser, provide your details to see of you can get new cert reissued or a reference number off them.

Palmist

Post by Palmist » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:42 pm

I did but test was so long ago they couldn't give me details, their advice was to attach a letter to home office in my application explaining the same.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:28 pm

I have just checked by doing a mock application online and you will be asked the reference number. So it is best to try and recover it.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.